INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

HEQ5 Mount STOPS Tracking and K-Stars Rendomly shuts down

• Thank you received: 1
Eric,

Thank you. If I am running Astroberry, do I update by just running "sudo apt update & upgrade"?

Jim
4 years 3 weeks ago #50399

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6
Thank you! It was a minor item, I just worked it into my workflow. But it will be nice to have it addressed for scheduler purposes.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50401

• Thank you received: 15

This is exactly what happened to me because of a noisy power supply (and it was a 12V 5A one, so no low current issues, just noise). Looking at the logs it was clear that DEC and RA counts were off-limits (meaning off the expected number range) because of spurious bytes being received.

I would be very wary of just disabling the "abort tracking" option as a permanent fix. Communication problems also affect slews and you might end up with your scope trying to become one with the tripod.

Ricardo.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50436

• Thank you received: 301
Depending on which package you are pulling from, you may need to wait until the patch is integrated into a new version. Given that the PR was merged yesterday, the next new version you see when running your apt upgrade should have the change.

EDIT: I'm also in the process of fixing the indi-eqmod horizon management. Stay tuned.

-Eric
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Eric.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50446

I also pushed PR#65 at github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/pull/65 that should fix the horizon management, at least in the eqmod driver.

You should be able to enter your horizon sets and have them properly asserted by the mount driver, promptly aborting tracking/slewing/goto-ing. That might help people with cramped observatory spaces :)

Note that the interpolation of altitude between horizon points is still linear, not spherical.

-Eric
4 years 3 weeks ago #50469

• Thank you received: 1
Will this fix this message...

Jim
4 years 2 weeks ago #50572
Attachments:

The warning? It's somehow innocuous I think: you did not define any horizon points, that's all. If the message bothers you, perhaps you could write the empty file from the INDI interface (and perhaps find another bug if the driver crashes while reading an no-data file?).

-Eric
4 years 2 weeks ago #50639

Time to create page: 0.341 seconds