INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

HEQ5 Mount STOPS Tracking and K-Stars Rendomly shuts down

• Thank you received: 1
Ok, just noticed this in a test I performed this PM in which the tracking stopped..

Scope was tracking Sirius, which is well about the horizon. How do I disable or adjust limits?

Jim
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Jim Johnston.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50317
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anything here I need to change? I did already un-check the "Abort-Tracking" box after the last instance - it was checked. I also disabled "Limit Goto".

Jim J
4 years 3 weeks ago #50318
Attachments:

It's already disabled so technically it shouldn't take any action... but to report it is outside limits is suspicious ... did you check the time and location info?
4 years 3 weeks ago #50322

• Thank you received: 301
I confirm the out-of-limits issue, which makes the abort feature unusable. With everything unchecked you are good to go. I've never got a chance to look into it yet.

-Eric
4 years 3 weeks ago #50324

• Thank you received: 165
Communication issues with the mount occasionally cause these spurious out-of-limits issues too if the step count from mount gets corrupted. With this particular mount the power connector is unfortunately flimsy and causes voltage drops and communication issues. I replaced the connector with a screw secured one and didn't have these issues after that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
4 years 3 weeks ago #50326

How do I get the settings to stick? Last night I unchecked the "Abort Tracking" box and disabled "Limit Goto", however this morning when I re-started everything it was again selected. I assumed that if I clicked on the "Save" button on the Options tabs then it would automatically restore my setting the next time I started up?

Jim
4 years 3 weeks ago #50334
Attachments:

The save button should do its job, except if it can't write to the configuration file. Try to save and load, and watch the console log.

-Eric
4 years 3 weeks ago #50342

• Thank you received: 6
I've got the same thing on my NEQ6R. I just uncheck the disable tracking on the Horizon tab. That particular setting has never saved for me, its one I change each time I connect to the devices.
4 years 3 weeks ago #50355

That's unexpectedly entirely true. Let me take care of this.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan
4 years 3 weeks ago #50370

Eric,

It would be much appreciated if you could have a look at this and possibly fix it :)

Jim
4 years 3 weeks ago #50381

I pushed PR #64 at github.com/indilib/indi-3rdparty/pull/64 for the only case of saving that configuration.

As often, do save your configuration when the device is connected, else you will revert the properties that are undefined at the time you press "save" to defaults.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ricardo Serpell
4 years 3 weeks ago #50398

Eric,

Thank you. If I am running Astroberry, do I update by just running "sudo apt update & upgrade"?

Jim
4 years 3 weeks ago #50399

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds