INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:INDI crash Canon DSLR M50 when using EKOS/Live video

• Thank you received: 0
Dear all,

If found this great Lib/SW INDI/Kstars/EKOS but I'm facing difficulties. For the moment only my Canon M50 is connected and I can do fix things but for some others I face an INDI crash.

I open Kstars on my mac and launch EKOS. Configure it to add my DSLR. Each time I start the EKOS servie I have a message "EKOS detected an intense of INDI server..." I click YES and it works. Is it normal?
Now, on the EKOS/camera page I can take pictures only if I set the FORMAT to "Native", with FITS selected any attention to take a picture crash INDI. Is it normal?
But whatever the setting I have for the format, I soon as I click on "live video", INDI crash....
Same thing when I add a mount simulator and I try the polar alignment, I soon as I click on "Capture & solve" I have a message error telling me that INDI crashed...

Some info that could help: I did not manage to install Kstars with path for the INDI server and drivers, I had to select "internal", otherwise I had a message when I launched Ksars telling me that the directory there wrong (I check, this is right they did not exist, I try to create them but it did not change anything.
To finish, I activated the logs in Kstars (verbose) but no way to find then, when I click on "open logs directory" nothing happens, I try to find them manually but the do not exist (neither the directory)...

Looks like I have a poor installation of the software, so I did it several times... same result.

I would appreciate any help, to clean my installation and make this software works properly.

Thank you
4 years 2 weeks ago #50575
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
I'll let Mac users help you, but some points here:

- The indiserver pop-up means KStars/Ekos stopped without stopping the INDI server managing the drivers. It may happen if you close KStars without stopping Ekos first.
- If you are using a DSLR, you probably need to fetch frames in the native format, yes.
- In your Capture module screenshots, there is no CCD listed in the drop-down list. Ekos requires a sensor to work properly. If the INDI CCD driver crashes, the driver reference is removed and you can't capture anymore from Ekos.
- The folder issue seems to relate to the long-standing problem of creating folders VS permissions, I'll let others chime in.

I'd try first to use gphoto alone on your system, but I won't comment much as I don't own Mac.

-Eric
4 years 2 weeks ago #50595

Thank you for your reply.
You are right the camera is not set on the picture, I did so many trials that I probably did not screenshot at the good time.
Thank you for the INDI instance, I will check cause I think it also happens when I first launch KStars.
4 years 2 weeks ago #50621

• Thank you received: 301

Note my comment was not to tell you there was an obvious error, but just to emphasize there are situations where Ekos will not be able to execute a call. If you are doing tests, try with gphoto first because that's what the INDI driver will use (I think). If that works properly, go up one level and try to gather indi logs in Ekos to understand what is happening. The folder issue might just be an installation issue that could be worked around by creating it before loading KStars, but I don't Know where that folder should end on Mac (it is ~/.local/kstars on Linux).

-Eric
4 years 2 weeks ago #50624

i have this very issue at the moment, as soon as i click live video the indi canon driver crashes, the window comes up for a whole 2 or 3 seconds and then crash, is their a setting somewhere i should be selecting?

Thanks in advance

Thomas.
1 year 5 months ago #87457

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds