INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding issues

• Thank you received: 0

Guiding issues was created by Ryan McMurray

Hello. I had major issues with my guiding the other night. With Ekos it would get worse and worse and worse as time went on. In PHD2 I was able to keep the RMS around .5 anyone have any idea what’s going on with the ekos? Should I uninstall and reinstall it? I really do love this program but living in San Francisco means I get very few clear good conditions nights. So fighting a program is not how I want to spend them.
4 years 1 week ago #50892
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420

Replied by Wouter van Reeven on topic Guiding issues

Hi! Without more information it really is impossible to start identifying possible causes. What equipment do you use? Which version of KStars? Please enable debug logging and post the logs here so we can inspect them.

HTH, Wouter
4 years 1 week ago #50896

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by MORELLI on topic Guiding issues

Hi,

also issues with internal guiding. Last night first I can't start guiding because during the calibration RA backward didn't went to end, I was on M42. Second, perfect guiding on M44. Tertio, erratic guiding on M67. Unfortunately I have no logs, I don't setup the log report. Sorry.
I try this evening yet.
4 years 1 week ago #50913

After long works on the internal guiding, I think the issue is that guiding find no star for calibration. I do a guiding on a bright star, quite well. I try on the same objet with PHD2 and no problem ! The capture is sharper than with internal guiding.
I use these settings for the cam QHY224C: gain 30, offset 2, USB trafic 0 and exposure 0,5 sec. Bahtinov for the map and use of darks. At 0,7 sec the image is too bright.
And more I am imaging at home in the suburb of Paris (France) because the containment. The light pollution is intense !

Anyway PHD2 is doing better !
4 years 7 hours ago #51328

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by Bart on topic Guiding issues

I keep running into the same problem with the internal guider as well.
During calibration, RA moves forward with no problem, RA moving backward often gives problems 'after 21 (or sometimes 22) iterations the operation failed'.
I didn't take the time to log it because I wanted to make the most of the rare clear skies above the Netherlands. PHD showed no problems and guiding went well.

The mount is a iEQ45 (using HC8406 driver) with belt tensioner and extra preload on the worms.
The guide scope d = 50 mm, f = 200 mm using IMX290 chip.
Seeing was reasonable. Polar align error (according to Ekos) 57 arc sec.
4 years 3 hours ago #51335

At the end I discover the origine of this issue. I have to put the brakes on really, really hard. So the guiding works perfectly.

Thinks for your help.
3 years 9 months ago #55444

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds