INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Scheduler ignores meridian flip

• Thank you received: 2
Hello I have in issue with the scheduler. I have created an Job for M51 with a sequence of lrgb wich should be run in a loop until twilight. The meridian flip is set to ha > 0.

The flip was executed well, but with the next loop the slew to target reverts the flip and my teleskope collided with the mount :(

My only idea is to expand the seqeuence to several hours ...

Thanks
4 years 1 week ago #51813

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Forgot to say, that not only the mount crashed at 04:10 am, kstars crashed too ;)

I have attached the whole log from this night:

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-33-25.zip
File Size:3,844 KB
4 years 1 week ago #51815
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 301
Do not set the flip to >0. Set it to a later value. If it happens your mount is offset, Ekos will request your mount to slew again to the target, but the mount will not flip because it thinks it is still on the right side of the pier. Ekos will not ask again afterwards.

The best HA limit value is probably the middle position of your mount between the meridian and the angle it will hit the tripod.

In terms of KStars crashing, it is really important that you use the watchdog driver, and configure it to park the mount after the last client disconnects.

-Eric
4 years 1 week ago #51821

Hmm, the latest save value for all targets is >1 hour for my setup.

Should Ekos not always consider the ha limit for each slew? Is there any setup in EQMod Driver?

Thanks
4 years 6 days ago #51877

• Thank you received: 301
Well, there is the checkbox in the mount tab that you need to check, of course... Apart from that, the flip is only asking the mount to slew at the exact same coordinates. As I said in some other threads, it might be that your encoders are offset. So try to find where the flip limit is for your mount by requesting slews close to the meridian. If your encoders are offset, the position reported in KStars will be relatively far on one side of the meridian (just do this during daytime, do not run a plate solving). In that case, park your mount and reset the encoders park values to default in the INDI panel, and retry the procedure to verify the mount flips at the expected HA.

-Eric
4 years 2 days ago #52056

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds