INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Problems with Focus Module (Images not coming in)

• Thank you received: 9
Pay no attention to the steps at the top. I was taking flats this morning and had to move it back to where I thought focus might be.
3 years 11 months ago #51894

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 117
We have a pretty similar setup (I use the ASI183mc Pro with a RPi4). I doubt your cable is the issue. I'd start debugging elsewhere. Have you tried just capturing a preview or loop mode (buttons to right of stop) separate from running the autofocus routine)? Your description is so odd, that I would suspect program confusion of some kind. Did you try a program exit & restart? What about a Pi4 reboot? I never have had the problem you describe, so I guess it could be hardware, but I'd be surprised.... Please let us know what you find so that we'll all know what it was! Cheers, Doug
3 years 11 months ago #51897

Preview and loop buttons work just fine. You brought something to my attention. The only time this problem happened is when it was doing a scheduled auto-focus on it's own! I guess I can turn on EKOS focus module logs and CCD logs?
3 years 11 months ago #51901

• Thank you received: 420
I have seen exactly the same issue with the scheduled auto-focus. I have switched that off and make sure to not run jobs longer than an hour so I can trigger an auto-focus myself.

EDIT: See this thread:

indilib.org/forum/ekos/6674-scheduled-refocus-failing.html
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 11 months ago #51902

I don't run auto-scheduled focus runs...can't help there. Others can weigh in. Logs will help if there is a bug to be chased....
3 years 11 months ago #51903

I just did a simulation scheduled auto-focus routine and it happened! Now, we're on the right path. I turned on file verbose logging for Focus Module and CCD but no log files were saved. What am I missing here?
3 years 11 months ago #51904

That seems ok...should work. In any case, to make a minimal log, you might want to stop/restart kstars/ekos and re-run the example so you'll only have the issue in the log...
3 years 11 months ago #51906

Thanks. Yeah I just can't get it to save any logs. I restarted ekos/kstars and rebooted the pi. Still can't get it to save any logs.
3 years 11 months ago #51908

THANKS! Sorry I just saw your "EDIT". So this sure sounds like the problem I'm having. Jasem says the problem is fixed in "GIT". What does that mean? Is that the nightly builds?
3 years 11 months ago #51910

The logs are in the .local/share/kstars/logs directory which isn't visible by default in file explorer. From a command line you should be able to access them. Or press the Open Log Dir button

3 years 11 months ago #51911
Attachments:

GIT is the source code repository from which the nightly builds get created.I already tested with the nightly builds and the bug is still there.
3 years 11 months ago #51912

Thanks. Well I'm glad I'm not missing anything. That's exactly where I thought the logs should be but they aren't there. I tried it on my Mac and the logs get saved there but the simulator CCD doesn't show any stars so I can't reproduce the hang-up.
3 years 11 months ago #51915

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds