INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos Scheduler Setup

• Thank you received: 2
Hello,

I am setting up a mosaic job through the Ekos scheduler for the first time, and I want to further automate/optimize the capturing process from night to night.

My target is the North American Nebula, and right now it isn't visible in the night sky until 1am. What I'm doing now is manually turning on all my devices (mount, CCD guider ... etc) earlier in the night, then have the Scheduler "sleep" until the target meets altitude requirements, then starts the job. What I don't like about this is that every night I have to manually set the CCD temperature. Sometimes the CCD is cooling for several hours before the capturing routine begins. What I'd like is to keep the CCD off until it's time take images.

Is there a way to automate turning on the CCD, and setting the correct temp, especially since I have it powered through a Pegasus Ultimate Power box (UPBv2)? In an ideal situation, this is what I'd like:

- Set the UPB to have power enabled to all devices, except for the CCD
- Once the target meets requirements to start capturing, have the UPB power the CCD on, and set it to the correct cooling temp
- Add a 5 minute delay to give the TEC some time to cool the sensor
- Begin with the capturing process

I think this is looking more like a python-script type of solution, but not sure. Any advice would be great.

Clear Skies,
Hatim
Software:
MacOS 10.15.6
Kstars 3.5.0
Indi library 1.8.6

Equipment:
- RPI3B+
- Losmandy G11
- Stellarvue 80mm F/6 APO
- Atik 383L+
- QHY5II with Orion 50mm guiding scope
- Pegasus focuser
- Flip-Flat
- QHY Polemaster
- Pegasus Ultimate powerbox

3 years 11 months ago #52624

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
Hi Hatim,
you can set the temperature in the capture sequence. Change to the Capture tab, there you can set the target temperature. Load your capture sequence you use for your mosaic, change the temperature setting and store it.

Next time you start the scheduler sequence, before the first capture is taken, it cools down your camera.

HTH
Wolfgang
3 years 11 months ago #52634

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Ekos Scheduler Setup

Right, Ekos does not cool the camera until it begins the actual capture process. It's not even cooled when you do the initial alignment/focus.
3 years 11 months ago #52693

Time to create page: 0.717 seconds