INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pentak K30 anyone have any luck getting it working?

• Thank you received: 6
Lenny,

I'm responsible for the new Pentax driver. As far as I know, there hasn't been a ton of testing yet (beyond me and my K70), and I'd be really interested in finding out how it performs with other cameras. Sorry for the late response. I don't poke my head around here very often.

From the logs, it does not appear that you are using the new driver yet. The logs show you using indi_pentax_ccd, which is the Gphoto-based driver, whereas the new/native driver would show simply indi_pentax.

If you've downloaded and installed the nightlies, when you are selecting the driver in Ekos, you should see an option for "Pentax DSLR (Native)." I've attached a screenshot. Let me know if that helps. I'll subscribe to the thread so I can respond more quickly if you have any questions.

Karl

3 years 9 months ago #54951
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Thanks Karl, This would wear I went wrong I didn't download the nightlies! I am going to test this now as I am a huge fan of my Pentax but gave up using it for astronomy due to the lack of tethering.
3 years 9 months ago #54954

Karl/Jasem,
I have updated the nightlys build but I dont see any Pentax Native available to use. Is there something I am missing or failing to do?

Thanks,
Lenny.
3 years 9 months ago #54958
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 420
Putting back the text (more or less) since I was right after all:

It looks like the indi-3rdparty packages are not building and they haven't been building for a week at least now. For instance, I updated my nightly installation on Ubuntu 20.04 just now and the indi-asi package is
$> dpkg -l \*indi-asi\*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version                        Architecture Description
+++-==============-==============================-============-======================================
ii  indi-asi       1.7~202005291515~ubuntu20.04.1 amd64        INDI Driver for ZWO Optics ASI cameras

while the libasi package is
$> dpkg -l \*libasi\*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version                        Architecture Description
+++-==============-==============================-============-======================================================
ii  libasi         1.4~202004262330~ubuntu20.04.1 amd64        Library for ASI Cameras, Filter Wheel, Focuser and ST4

and I know for a fact that it should be newer since I pushed code for that last week which has been accepted into GitHub.
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Wouter van Reeven.
3 years 9 months ago #54961

I don't think this has anything to do with the indi-3rdparty packages not building.

Just from a quick test, I think this is an incompatibility problem between the driver or the package and Ubuntu Mate. Ubuntu Mate *thinks* the indi-pentax package is installed, but the indi_pentax executable never ends up in the /usr/bin folder.

I don't think Raspbian or Ubuntu x86 have the same problem. I'll have to double-check with a clean install to make sure.

I wonder if this has something to do with the armv6-armv7 compatibility problems with the Ricoh SDK I was having when compiling on Ubuntu Mate. But, my recollection is that I still at least was able to compile, so I'm not sure why Indi_pentax isn't getting installed. I'll dig into it some more over the next few days.
3 years 9 months ago #54968

There was one missing file in the debian directory which I just added and pushed, so it should be fixed in the next nightly.
3 years 9 months ago #54970

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the replies, I have updated the nightly builds there, and it is still not showing up. Is there something else needed?

I'm not sure if its relevant but I updated to Ubuntu 18.04 LTS 2 nights previous.

Lenny
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Lenny.
3 years 9 months ago #54987

• Thank you received: 2
I have Pentax K-70. When Pentax native driver will be avaiable in Stellarmate OS ?
3 years 9 months ago #54997

There's still something wrong with the build. It's outside of my direct control (I think), but I just submitted a bug report with the details. The fix should be pretty simple, so hopefully it will be updated soon.

Not sure. I think that's Jasem's call.
3 years 9 months ago #55010

Thanks for the update Karl.
3 years 9 months ago #55015

Lenny,

It should install now with the nightlies on Ubuntu Mate 32 bit. If by chance you were on a 64 bit, there was a problem with the 64 bit build, so maybe tomorrow for that.

FYI, as I was afraid of, the driver isn't working with PTP mode the way it was compiled, so stick with MSC mode for now. The main advantage of PTP mode so far appears to be live view, anyway. I'll have to see again if I can figure out what's different in the way it gets compiled on Raspbian versus Ubuntu Mate.

Let me know how it goes.

Karl
3 years 9 months ago #55221

Thanks Karl, I will give it a go later on tonight and let you know how it went.
3 years 9 months ago #55245

Time to create page: 2.091 seconds