INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Polar Alignment question

• Thank you received: 3
Is there any way to control the slew speed used by the polar alignment process between images? It seems to want to use the "Find" speed for me which is set to quite slow in my mount. Regular gotos use the max speed, and it seems like the PA process should use the same. This seems to be new behavior, though its possible a firmware update to my mount has changed the default Find speed.

And is it possible to control what the mount does after the PA is finished? It seems to want to try to park the scope when done. But typically I'll want to run the process multiple times as I get the alignment dialed in. Ideally it would return to the starting position.

On a related note, is there any predictable way to automatically slew the mount to what it thinks is due north with the RA axis straight up? That's the position that I want to start my polar alignments from as there are obstructions that prevent it from working if I start too far from that.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Eric Brown.
3 years 10 months ago #54650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559

Replied by Hy Murveit on topic Polar Alignment question

There's a slew-speed dropdown on the polar-alignment sub-tab.
3 years 10 months ago #54659

• Thank you received: 133
Plus, in the Options menu, a checkbox whether to park the mount after PA or not ;)
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Peter Sütterlin.
3 years 10 months ago #54661

Time to create page: 0.917 seconds