INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AZ-GTI is defaulted to North Pole when parked

• Thank you received: 0
I am located in New Zealand and my Equatorial mounts are polar aligned to the South Pole at counter weight down. When I start Stellarmate and run Kstars the INDI platform connects my EQMOD mounts via an EQDIR cable and the AZ-GTI mount on a Skywatcher wedge shows as being centered on the North Pole. Do I have to do an alignment to be relocated back down in the South hemisphere? Or is there some simple commands in EKOS or INDI that would simplify the repositioning?

Funny thing, everything was working fine a few days ago but now not located correctly.

The mount control from the North Pole location can be slewed, parked, unparked and generally maneuvered. Just 180 degrees on the wrong side of the world.

Please help.
3 years 10 months ago #55049

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

can you verify location is still correct? looks like Latitude is problematic
3 years 10 months ago #55053

Thank you for the quick response. I am trying sooo hard to come up to speed on Sterllarmate, Kstars, EKOS, and INDI. I really should RTFM (Read the Manual) :-) the problem was mine. I could see the EQMod Mount centered on the North Pole, but my location was in the Southern Hemisphere!!! So when Kstars starts up It is defaulted to the Northern Hemisphere and centered on Polaris. but I finally restarted Kstars, and it had remembered my New Zealand Location, and alerted me that my location is below the horizon, Would you like to use the default location, or use the specified location. As soon as I said use my present location, the EQMod Mount was centered on the South Pole and all was right with the world.. :-) My bad.

a couple more questions:

1. Kstars is loaded on the Raspberry Pi 3B (Ras Pi) One USB port is connected to a four port USB hub which has the 1. Mount connected via an EQDIR cable, 2. one port to my ZWO filter wheel, and 3. / 4. two ports connected to ASI 120 mini, and ASI 178mm cameras. If i connect my HDMI monitor and a keyboard and mouse to the Ras PI I was able to control all components. When I connected my Dell Laptop to the Ras PI and loaded the Kstars program on my Windows 10 laptop, and I could create the same equipment on the Dell Profile. My question is which Kstars is operating? Can they interact?

2, Does Stellarmate allow a Remote Desktop connection to a Windows laptop?

Thank you for all your help. I have been working with Jasem too, please give him my regards and assure him that swapping out the ASIAIR 32 GB SD card operating system, and putting in the Stellarmate OS, worked as advertised. I am very impressed that the Stellarmate OS remembers all the last setup equipment and seems to be very compatible with all my mounts and ZWO components. Now pray for clear skies. and no satellites

thanks again

Leo
3 years 10 months ago #55097

So there are several operating modes:
1. Use the App on the phone which would interact with KStars in SM OS.
2. Use KStars in SM OS via VNC (so this is similar to Remote Desktop Connection but you use RealVNC instead)
3. Use KStars on Windows directly to control StellarMate remotely.
3 years 10 months ago #55111

1. Tried unsuccessfully to log in to SMOS with cellphone. Used password stellar@mate, a connectivity check occurred, connected, indicated Stellarmate 10.250.250.1 > but the carat Mark pressed kicked off the loading process but never finished after 20-30 minutes.

I have been in touch with Jasem but no reply. It must be a known problem.

I have an ASIAIR that connects every time but does not go through the connectivity check. Their password is 12345678 using the same Raspberry Pi 3B

2. Where do I get the VNC connection software?
3 years 10 months ago #55116

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds