INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding cam timeout

• Thank you received: 19
Hi there!

Back after a long bad-weather-period today.
Got a newdevice. The Pegasus-Astro Powerbox advance. Nice piece of tec.
Anyway... I hope it has NOT to do with the new device.
I had similar problems before too...

My new problem is, that the guidingcam, a lodestar X2, is timing out after some time (random) and so the worst case is sometimes KStars crashes or that the guiding is "skipping some steps" and after maybe 20sec the guiding keeps going on.
It "FELT" for me like a overfilled "pipe" so i thought maybe its a "traffic-thing"

And i was right, after changing to bin 2x2 the system runs with no problems. I mean for now.

Changed cables but the same problem. I also tried to connect the cam DIRECT to the Laptop but the problem still occurs. Only binning the cam seems to help.

Has someone an idea what else i could do? Binnig the cam for sure can NOT be the long-term solution.

I will get you some logs if you like tomorrow, bcause the system is in a very "sensitive" state and reacts with crashing very fast so i will keep my hands off.

Greetings
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
3 years 9 months ago #56002

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Guiding cam timeout

is this on nightly?
3 years 9 months ago #56013

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by the.cakemaker on topic Guiding cam timeout

Hi Jasem!

No its on the last stable version for Linux. 3.4.2.

Here are some Logs.
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
3 years 9 months ago #56014
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds