INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Why Meteostation does not act on Kstars to close the dome!

• Thank you received: 3
Hello
I installed MeteoStation, but unfortunately this one does not work on KStars, indeed if KStars reads well the infos of the sensors, despite an error message "Refreshing xeather data failed".

And if I pretend there are clouds, Kstars does nothing.
That means that the roof of my observatory remains open, whereas I had thought that after reading his information, the roof would close after putting the mount in park !

So either I forgot to configure something, or Kstars doesn't report the driver information !

Who can tell me where the problem comes from.

Christophe
3 years 9 months ago #56492

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What dome driver you're using? Check under Options if the weather station name is set there.
3 years 9 months ago #56495

hello
so I have RollOff ino as my driver.
I have marked in option of the dome Roll-off ino, but how do I know it's good, because I don't have to choose but to write it?
I'm putting up screenshots.

Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Porchet.
3 years 9 months ago #56500
Attachments:

You need to enable Auto Park for this to work. Some users do not want to auto-park even on weather changes because of other concerns (might damage telescope..etc). So it needs to be enabled explicitly.
3 years 9 months ago #56502

ok
but isn't that just the name of the driver I put in
"Arduino MeteoStation SQM"?
I think that we should choose in a drop-down menu like when we create the profile, so we will be more sure.

But I'll look at it later and I'll tell you again if it's ok.

See you soon.
3 years 9 months ago #56503

The driver name is OK, you just need to enable "Auto Park", it's disabled in the screenshot you posted.
3 years 9 months ago #56505

OK and thank you.
I'm trying this on tonight.
3 years 9 months ago #56506

hello
so I just ran a simulation
If I get my hand on the sensor to simulate the clouds, nothing happens.
The roof won't shut.

I actually did like this:

I created a sequence and put that it was midnight, I put in simulation, mount and camera, but on the other hand the roof driver and the weather driver.

So during my little sequence I put my hand on the sensor and we went to 100% clouds.

Well, nothing happened, the sequence continued as if nothing had happened !
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Porchet.
3 years 9 months ago #56514

hello
let's say the weather condition works.
if I set the option "Telescope locks" it means that before the roof closes it will put the telescope on park or the roof doesn't close before I put the telescope on park.
3 years 9 months ago #56515

hello
do you have any idea if the problem is with the weather driver or the roof management driver?

Did someone manage to make the automatic roof closing work with the RollOffino driver and a weather station?

Thank you
3 years 9 months ago #56533

• Thank you received: 42
Christophe,

I tested the roof closure to the extent that a mist spray on a rain detector closes the roof.

Do you get the Observatory module's weather indicator to turn red indicating an alert?

I notice you have the Observatory options set to not close the roof on a warning. So does causing a 100% cloud covering generate an alert or a warning?

Does the roof close if you generate an alert when the mount is already parked?

Also mixing and matching combinations with the weather simulator and the rolloff simulator with your custom drivers might help you determine if it is a setting and where the issue resides. I just tested using both the roof simulator and the weather simulator and they work nicely to generate rain and parks the dome/roof. Note the Observatory red cross and the confirming message in the rolloff simulator.

Please include screen shots for the observatory, roof and telescope driver's option panels that are current when the alert is raised.

Regards
Tom
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by wotalota. Reason: a request.
3 years 9 months ago #56537
Attachments:

Hi, Tom !
I'll look at this whole alert or warning thing when I get home from work and I'll tell you again.
I'll make screenshots of the options I made.

I have another question for you, since you know the RollOffino driver ;-) do you know if it's possible to make the mount go to the park position automatically before the roof closes?

Because obviously if the MeteoSation says to close the roof, it will close the roof without taking into account the position of the mount.
So for me, nothing is going to happen because the roof can't close if the mount is not in park position.

See you
Christophe
3 years 9 months ago #56538

Time to create page: 0.941 seconds