INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Mosaic tool - overlap not correct on width

• Thank you received: 109
I just looked through the MR, Eric. I must say I am very excited to try mosaics again! Thank you for the work on this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
3 years 2 weeks ago #68560

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301
For reference, the MR lives at invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/241

Thanks for the kind words. I hope I did not introduce a breaking regression by overlooking a detail. There are three elements in the tool: the sky map, the mosaic and the mosaic tile. I did not separate them as cleanly as I'd have liked.

-Eric
3 years 2 weeks ago #68589

• Thank you received: 226
Hi Eric. First, let me just say that the overhaul of the Mosaic tool is fantastic. Great work!
I had a thought though. Now that the tool allows for easier framing by moving the frame around, why limit it to strictly generating multi-panel mosaics? I think it can also be very useful for fine positioning a single panel. But the mosaic planner will not allow for single panel jobs to be created.
With that in mind, I would propose allowing it to create single panel jobs. And also renaming the Mosaic tool to something like "Framing and Mosaics" then giving the feature a more prominent position in the scheduler as one of the key steps.
This way when a target is searched for within the scheduler, we can be sure it is framed well.
Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric, Chris Madson
2 years 2 months ago #79280

• Thank you received: 301
That's an interesting point, because I remember checking I could use the tool for that exact purpose, single-pane mosaic. However, at that time, the ability to adjust the position was not implemented, so it's possible I missed that issue. A few things can still be improved.

-Eric
2 years 2 months ago #79302

• Thank you received: 12
I’d echo this. Not to compare the work ya’ll do, but having a single place to frame even single frame pictures would be really helpful. Jumping between the capture tab in ekos to control the rotator and back to kstars is less than ideal.

I’d love an option to turn on and off HiPS within the tool as well. Pulling a hi-res image just for framing is really nice.

Thanks for adding the ‘moving the box around’. That made it much easier!
2 years 2 months ago #79871

Editing mosiac.cpp source code to change the Ok button to enable on line 105, and removing the condition when H and W spinner values are greater than 1 on line 424, allowed me to create a 1 part mosaic job.
105    ui->buttonBox->button(QDialogButtonBox::Ok)->setEnabled(true);
424    ui->buttonBox->button(QDialogButtonBox::Ok)->setEnabled(ui->mosaicWSpin->value() > 1 || ui->mosaicHSpin->value() > 1);
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Andrew.
2 years 2 months ago #79874

• Thank you received: 12
This is harder than I thought it would be to edit... how did you do that? I'm assuming I'll have to compile my own copy.
2 years 2 months ago #79992

Yes, you need to compile these changes for yourself.
2 years 1 month ago #80016

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds