INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED] Kstars keeps crashing

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

Since yesterday when i try to start Ekos from within Kstars it keeps crashing. See the attached file.

Does somebody knows what happening?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 7 months ago #58721
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Kstars keeps crashing

I have the same problem. But only with some peripherals. Try connecting your peripherals through the Device Manager one by one and then report which one causes Kstars to crash. In my case, the MoonLite focuser and any iOptron mount induce the crash, but ZWO and QHY CCD cameras connect fine. So does EQMOD.

Jo
3 years 7 months ago #58762
  • Thank you received: 54

Replied by Gilles Gagnon on topic Kstars keeps crashing

Similar problem here, after I updated stable today (Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on ODroid C4).

Kstars starts, no problem, same when I open the EKOS window (observatory icon), but as soon as I start EKOS/indilib, the INDI window opens up with missing driver tabs (from my profile) and soon after that Kstars crashes. I thought I had things back to normal when I deleted all xml driver files in ~/.indi/ (all drivers were available again in the INDI window and I re-created the xml files) but stopping and restarting Kstars brought back the problem and crash.

I quickly tested with nightly and the problem is there also.
3 years 7 months ago #58767
  • Thank you received: 133
Not sure if this is related, but I thought I just mention it:
Already since some time I have issues connecting to my ioptrom (CEM60EC) from PHD2 when commanded by EKOS.
EKOS always autoconnects to PHD2 (even if autoconnect for INDI is disabled, which I have). As soon as I connect the mount to INDI, it sends PHD2 the command to connect, but it will constantly fail to do so. I either have to first disconnect all devices in PHD2, then (manually in PHD2) connect mount and camera, or connect PHD2 to INDI before connecting EKOS to it (actually, as soon as I connect the mount from PHD2, it also shows up in EKOS).
3 years 7 months ago #58773
  • Thank you received: 182

Replied by Jose Corazon on topic Kstars keeps crashing

Exactly what I am seeing as well.
Could the reason be having multiple builds on the same machine?
Would INDI have to be compiled separately for each build?

Jo
3 years 7 months ago #58780

If there is an easy way to 'totally' remove (don't want to remove Kstars and astrometry catalog files) and re-install either stable or nightly, I could give that a try today, hoping it either solves the problem or help us find the reason why this happens and work toward a solution.

Gilles
3 years 7 months ago #58790

Replied by Joshua R on topic Kstars keeps crashing

I have tried to start up EKOS without the devices connected. After that i connected first the ZWO ASI 294 MC camere then the EZ 6GT mount and the sesto senso focusser.
All went fine.
But starting up EKOS with automatically connecting still does crash EKOS.
3 years 7 months ago #58813

Following on this, I purged all Kstars/EKOS/INDI installation, deleted the binaries in /usr/bin (indi_* and indiserver) and deleted my xml config files in ~/.indi. I then installed the nightly version of Kstars/EKOS/INDI and started Kstars.

After I modified the ports to reflect my hardware (/dev/PPBA, /dev/..., etc) I manually connected the devices and everybody was happy. I could control the mount, focuser, etc... without problem. To further the test, I disconnected every devices, stopped the indiserver, stopped EKOS and exited Kstars. I then restarted everything to check if the problem went away but as I noticed that, as before, some driver tabs were missing from the INDI control window, I knew the problem did not go away and Kstars crashed soon after. Removing the ~/.indi xml config files seemed to help but I can't draw valid conclusions on that as stability did not seem to be there.

I wonder if the issues brought by the use of libraw20 instead of libraw19 could be related to this even though I doubt it very much as I do not see a direct relation between libraw and my configuration.

Hope this little bit of info helps.
3 years 7 months ago #58815

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Kstars keeps crashing

Can you please install ekosdebugger and send the crash logs?
sudo apt-get -y install ekos-debugger
3 years 7 months ago #58848

Hello Jasem,

Had to re-install nightly to test with the ekos-debugger as last night I had done a test with stable which has a similar outcome (Kstars crash).

Anyhow, here is the debug log, hoping the info you need is in there.

Thanks!
3 years 7 months ago #58855
Attachments:
  • Thank you received: 20

Replied by ouioui01 on topic Kstars keeps crashing

HI,
I had the same error with nigthly build in Rpi4 with simulator profile (no device connected to the rpi (ubuntu mate 20.04.1):
3 years 7 months ago #58856

Replied by Joshua R on topic Kstars keeps crashing

Hi Jasem,

I added the log file.

Regards,

Joshua
3 years 7 months ago #58866
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.802 seconds