INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

kstar crashes when starting image sequence without a mount

• Thank you received: 23
Hi Jasem,

For some test purposes I used to be able to run an image sequence with the camera being the only device available.
With the current kstars, doing the same results in a SEGV before the first image of the sequence is being taken.
The stack trace from gdb suggests that the telescope RA and Dec are requested even though no mount is connected.
Do you know how to fix this?

Regards,
Camiel
3 years 7 months ago #59139
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

This was resolved in GIT, can you compile from there? or use NIghtly PPA?
3 years 7 months ago #59140

• Thank you received: 19
Hi Jasem - I have done a load of testing based on the release yesterday - basically a 24 hour load test. no longer crashes on load of devices but I did hit 3 segfaults after about 2 hours of running and shooting for each crash....in the last log I notices that message queueing was involved in the logs, so on a whim I ran without debugger and disabled ALL logging: since that point I have been running almost 12 hours shooting with both cameras and no crashes or issues!!!! I am fairly certain the race condition you nailed yesterday has a twin in the logging structure somewhere.
3 years 7 months ago #59141

Any backtrace from the segfaults?
3 years 7 months ago #59142

• Thank you received: 23
Hi Jasem,
Just updated my local repo. and tested. No more SEGV indeed.
Thanks,
Camiel
3 years 7 months ago #59149

• Thank you received: 19
Trying to capture for you - after the initial faults I ran 17 hours straight shooting darks...no issues. at the end of that test I restarted and was killed 3 time on start up but had no logging on - running now under debugger and shooting - if it dies I will send along
3 years 7 months ago #59165

Time to create page: 1.246 seconds