INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

General questions about scheduler

• Thank you received: 3
Hello,

I just had my first 100% automated night using the Ekos scheduler. It was near perfect !!! but I had some small issues coming from misunderstood concept, so I have now some questions :) I scheduled two targets, one was high in the sky early, the other after 2am, so I use an object altitude constraint (>65°).

My first questions are :

- The first target drop below the 65% constraint at ~90% of job done, but the scheduler pauses until the next day, pausing also the second job, so I had to delete the first target to start the 2nd one (may be a "live" reorder has been enough ??)
- Is the scheduler able to start a job "in the middle" of another job with less priority - as soon as the highest priority constraint is reached - and then resume lowest priority job when it's finish (assuming the low prio job doesn't have any constraint so it can start before the highest one)
- what is the mount behavior between two targets when there is some time to wait between both ? does it park ( even with preemptive shutdown uncheck)
- Is there any examples of startup/shutdown scripts more complex that the one in the documentation ? (using indi to talk to devices for examples...)

I also had a display bug in the job list : the end time of the running job decreases each time a frame was done :) (it seems its calculated this way : start time + job remaining time instead of current time + job remaining time)
I'm using kstars 3.5.0 nightly build

Thks for support and for this amazing tool !

Anthony.
3 years 7 months ago #59931

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds