INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Multistar guiding doesn't find star to guide on

• Thank you received: 20
First time trying this out tonight. I have auto star selected. The green box moves to a location that sometimes has a star, sometimes doesn't, then calibration starts. After the first move I get the following error:
2020-09-17T20:28:36 Lost track of the guide star. Try increasing the square size or reducing pulse duration.

Calibration pulse durations are at default and I can see the guide star (when one is selected) does move with the step. I tried bumping the pulse up to 3000 which made no difference.

I've tried the square at all sizes. Presently it is at 128. I've tried without auto star but it seems to do the same thing regardless. Switching back to the Smart algorithm seems to work.

Link to an image and log file from a failed attempt below. FYI - the star shapes are odd looking due to the astigmatism created by the ONAG.

www.dropbox.com/s/v43wgyot440u2di/guide.fits?dl=0

Thanks!
Greg
3 years 7 months ago #60166

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yeah the stars look pretty bad... I can see why SEP perhaps fails to detect them. I guess once StellarSolver is integrated and then you can select custom profile for SEP guider, you should stick to the "smart" algorithm.
3 years 7 months ago #60171

• Thank you received: 20
Hmm. I had not thought of SEP having problems with the star shapes. Interesting. I'll need to test standard SEP with it.

Not familiar with StellarSolver. Where can I find details?

EDIT: I found it.

github.com/rlancaste/stellarsolver
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Greg.
3 years 7 months ago #60203

• Thank you received: 5
I tried to use the dark library when I was investigating the cause of occasional bursts in DEC when guiding. I though have one maybe trivial problem when taking a dark.

When I used the dark option in the guiding tab for the first time I was asked to place a cap ( ASI 120MM). Now even when I delete all dark library files before this prompt does not appear any longer. It seems that the first image is treated as dark. But sometimes also random guide images in between which ends with lights being substracted from lights.

What would be the steps to "reset" the behaviour and being prompted to take a picture with a cap when there is no dark frame in the library?
3 years 4 months ago #63853

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds