INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using a sequence

• Thank you received: 2

Using a sequence was created by Joshua R

I want to take 100 180 sec subs from for instance M33 but i want to re-align every 20 subs (1 hour).

I tried sequences: 5 jobs of 20 subs and align before each job. But the sequence makes a directory M33 for the subs and it will be used for the first job.
The second, third etc job can not make use of this directory.
So sequences doesn't work.

How can i do this?
3 years 6 months ago #60304

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by Magnus Larsson on topic Using a sequence

Hi!

Maybe it is the "Remember job progress" setting that causes you troubles:

If you click the Options button in the Scheduler tab, you are presented the Kstars settings. THere is an Ekos tab. Click on that. THere is a tabbed window, with Scheduler as the second tab. Here you find an option "Remember job progress". Make sure it is unchecked.

Mine is unchecked and I do as you say every night that it is clear.

Another option of course would be to use the refocus every.... setting in the capture window. For example, every 60 mins.

Magnus
3 years 6 months ago #60305

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by Joshua R on topic Using a sequence

Thanx Magnus that will do the job.

Greetings Joshua
3 years 6 months ago #60306

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Anders Misfeldt on topic Using a sequence

If you use this option in the Capture module, will the Sequencer then automatically align after each refocus? Even if you make a 100x180s capture file?

I've only tried the sequencer once for a mosaic, but I've always struggled refocusing on during capture as my target is drifting while the focuser is running.
SkyWatcher ED80 Pro
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod with EQDIR cable
ZWO ASI294MC Pro imaging camera
QHY5L-II-C guide camera on 50mm guidescope
DeepSkyDad AF3 autofocuser
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB running Kstars/Ekos
3 years 6 months ago #60322

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by Magnus Larsson on topic Using a sequence

Hi!

My understanding is that if you use the refocus option in the Capture module, it will only refocus, NOT align (I haven't used it for a long while though). Like you, I like the scope to re-align now and then, not just to adjust for drift but for minimizing the risks of errors during a long night (at times scope seems to be off target when clouds have passed, for instance). So I set up a series of identical jobs, like 20 or 40 120-180 sec exposures, in the Scheduler. THen it realigns, re-focuses in the beginning of each job (after 20 or 40 exposures, depending on the capture sequence I use).

On the other hand: if the target drifts noticably during focusing, I'd suspect something being wrong - like polar alignment.

Magnus
3 years 6 months ago #60323

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Anders Misfeldt on topic Using a sequence

Ok, that's a shame. It kinda removes the ability to use the "Refocus if temperature changes" option.

My Polar alignment isn't a problem (usually below 10" error), but I'm using the SEP - Linear focus method which is accurate and reliable but slow. When it's done the target has drifted a little bit. If using some faster focus algorithm and method the target doesn't drift noticably, but I've had some focusing issues with failures and dead locks. No issues (unless clouds appeared) with SEP/Linear. I'd really love a "Realign after focus" option in the Capture module.
SkyWatcher ED80 Pro
Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro with Rowan Belt Mod with EQDIR cable
ZWO ASI294MC Pro imaging camera
QHY5L-II-C guide camera on 50mm guidescope
DeepSkyDad AF3 autofocuser
Raspberry Pi 4 4GB running Kstars/Ekos
3 years 6 months ago #60327

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds