INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 3.5.0 Beta for Windows

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by Tom on topic KStars 3.5.0 Beta for Windows

Hi all,

I found out that I can't remote into the box using hostname but only IP. Is this only happen in this beta version? I remember the previous version can. Please confirm..

Thanks
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Tom.
3 years 5 months ago #62276

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Kevin on topic KStars 3.5.0 Beta for Windows

I've been trying to blind solve with pics I have taken, but have not been successful. I've tried to use some of the different options with no luck. I had thought that because my scope and camera give me a different FOV that by manually changing the setting for the simulator, it might work. But it did not help. I've also found that the FOV does not re-calculate and I did not note the pervious values before I entered them in manually. Now I've had issues trying to do regular solves with the simulators. So two questions... 1. what are the best settings to try and blind solve (I had saw somewhere that blind solve was not dependent on FOV?) and 2. How can the FOV be recalculated?
3 years 5 months ago #62279

I found the update image scale option in the settings for align. It wouldn’t move the Settings over to the main align page. But I just manually move them over.
3 years 5 months ago #62283

• Thank you received: 812
So if you are loading images using "load and slew" then KStars should not be passing the image scale from the telescope but should be getting them from the image. If the image is a JPEG, it should be doing a blind solve with no scale. Is this not the case for you? Can you share an image that this is not working for?
3 years 5 months ago #62285

So you are saying here that you are trying to use the "Remote" solver here correct? This method does not use StellarSolver at all, since the "Remote" option uses INDI and StellarSolver would then have to have an INDI dependency. Jasem was working on the remote solver, I can pass this on to him.
3 years 5 months ago #62286

So yes I agree 100% with you, the "remote" option here would use the PI as the solver using the astrometry.net installation on the pi. I would be surprised if selecting the "remote" option would then use ANSVR to solve. StellarSolver will handle the "online" and "local" astrometry solving, and it should be able to do ANSVR using either the "online" capability with the address you mentioned or using the direct execution of the ANSVR solve-field program using the "local" setting.

I will run some tests later today to see if I can replicate this.
3 years 5 months ago #62287

I haven’t used jpg in ages. I save fits files. As soon as I converted one and tried it, it worked.
3 years 5 months ago #62288

I was using the beta version last night, but this time i was not using the simulators. Under real stars I ran into the issue of the FOV being calculated wrong again. My focal length seems accurate at 842mm at F5.6, I’m using a 150 mm Newtonian. My camera is a 183C. But it calculates the field of view as 406×269. That is extremely wrong! This took me a little while to figure out and the only solving that I was able to do was using astronomy online.

When I go to the options and select the update image scale. It shows 36x54, which sounds about right. If I copy these over, they seem to get overwritten. This seems to be a bug?

Have you been putting out new betas of the windows client? I downloaded and installed it’s the first day it was offered.

Kevin
3 years 5 months ago #62484

Are you sure you selected "Primary Scope" in there?
3 years 5 months ago #62485

Yes, I am sure. I’ve been switching back-and-forth between primary and guide scope. It looks like the guide scope FOV is incorrect as well.
3 years 5 months ago #62489

What's the pixel size? It's in INDI Control Panel --> Image Info. Also double check the primary scope focal length is indeed set to 842
3 years 5 months ago #62490

Focal length is correct under control panel/telescope/options. Pixel size is empty under the align tab. It’s set to 2.4 under image info. I seem to recall that it was 1.? When it solved. It’s daytime now so I can’t try anything. When I blind solve it does not add the pix size in the align tab.
3 years 5 months ago #62491

Time to create page: 0.806 seconds