INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler saves focus images into main image folder

• Thank you received: 182
Recently I came across a new quirk that cropped up some time over the last 10 days or so.
I am currently running a build dated October 30. It is running great, from starting a schedule all the way to shut down no problem - except for one thing:

All the intermediate focusing frames are now saved into my main imaging folder. Those frames are a quarter of the size of the full image (i.e. 8.2 MB with 32.8 MB being the size of a full size image of the ASI1600MM - the reduced size is explained by my 2x2 binning during focusing).
It's not a huge deal, it is easy enough to manually delete them after the session, but it would be great if that could be avoided. With 2x2 binning, the image size is different from the main images, which are 1x1 binned, so all I need to do is sort them by size and ditch the smaller ones. But for anyone using 1x1 binning during focusing it means hunting down these stray frames by sorting them by exposure time stamp. That is not as straightforward.

There is really no need to save the intermediate focusing frames. Is this fairly easy to fix or is it a major deal?

Jo
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Jose Corazon.
3 years 5 months ago #62318

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 5 months ago #62319

• Thank you received: 182
3 years 5 months ago #62351

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds