INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focuser using OnStep - no actual movement

• Thank you received: 19
Latest code compiled from master - both KStars and libindi
Running on AstroBerry - PI4 4gig
All devices fine - mount operation fine using OnStep
EKOS KNOWS the focuser is there and reports position correctly.
Use the IN or OUT or set absolute position and the numbers in the GUI change but the focuser is not actually moving
Use the OnStep app on phone connected by bluetooth and the the numbers reflect position set in EKOS BUT I CAN move the focuser with the in/out buttons on that app (EKOS reflects the numbers updated via the phone app so comms are fine) - this means the motor drivers and base commands in the drive/mount are OK

To be honest it feels like there is some code commented out as there are NO errors or warnings, and everything operates visually as if it is actually doing work - almost as if it was stubbed out for testing somewhere - have been running through code but have not seen anything yet - were there any recent changes to focus?....

My OTHER build on PI4 8gig was built from source but a few days earlier and was focusing correctly (meaning actually moving) - I built libindi within the past 48 hours on the non working unit

Thanks for the quick thoughts in advance :-)
3 years 4 months ago #62325

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update - reverted back to 1.8.6 - no change, so it is not INDI. Turned on verbose logging and the commands appear to be sent from using set absolute position - so this leads me to lower communication or perhaps syntax...but again no error return code. I also turned OFF BT connection from phone app just in case it was a control contention = same result.
3 years 4 months ago #62327

Update - this is an issue in OnStep itself - confirmed with working SD card running on different version of mount FW....ignore this issue
3 years 4 months ago #62329

• Thank you received: 27
This happened to me too several times. For some reason focuser is prone to breaking in Onstep.
3 years 4 months ago #62331

• Thank you received: 0
Hi! I am having the same issue. What did you mean with 'a different version of the mount FW'? I checked and the focuser is enabled in OnStep
2 years 1 month ago #80212

Time to create page: 0.726 seconds