INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Davis Vantage Vue & INDI

• Thank you received: 16
Anyone have any luck with the indi_vantage_weather driver and a Davis Vantage Vue weather station? I have a Vantage Vue that's been working great for years. I configure the Ekos profile to look for my Vue, set the connection type to ethernet, and specify the correct IP address and port. Ekos connects to it and gets all the weather params appropriately, allows me to set my alert thresholds, etc. Looks like it's working fine. But, after about a minute or two, I start getting a stream of
[ERROR] Wakup error: Write Error: Broken pipe
messages and no more data. If I disconnect and reconnect, it does the same thing. If I set the update period to something like 10 seconds, it will update every ten seconds for a while and then go into the wakeup error. It's strange. Appears the driver cannot maintain a connection or re-establish a connection for more than that first couple of minutes.

Anyone had any success with a Vantage weather station in Ekos?
3 years 4 months ago #62468

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have one, but it works via serial and not Ethernet. I wonder if it is some setting at their end that's causing disconnections? I never tried Ethernet since my unit does not support it.
3 years 4 months ago #62472

Replied by AirBourn on topic Davis Vantage Vue & INDI

Still have the exact same issue with latest nightly. Anyone have luck with an ethernet connection to a Vantage Vue?
2 years 9 months ago #71885

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by wotalota on topic Davis Vantage Vue & INDI

To help locate the problem have you tried an alternative client from the same PC? weewx is well documented.
2 years 9 months ago #71887

Installed WeeWX and have similar results. I see connectivity and initial data sets, but then seems to have issues re-connecting and updating.
2 years 9 months ago #71899

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by wotalota on topic Davis Vantage Vue & INDI

Is there a Davis user group forum or testing tools on their site?
2 years 9 months ago #71904

I think I've discovered the problem. I have a WeatherCat application running on another machine to retrieve WX data out of the WeatherLink device for storage and display on my home automation stuff. I think the WeatherCat app and Ekos (or WeeWX) are competing for communications with the device itself. The WeatherLink device doesn't do a good job brokering requests from multiple clients.
2 years 9 months ago #71914

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds