INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Disconnect one camera disables download from second camera

• Thank you received: 23
Recently I have noticed that when I disconnect my guide camera (ZWO ASI120 mini)
images are not downloaded any more from my imaging camera (Atik 11000). Exposures
with it are still possible but the images is never shown in the FITS viewer. Many of
the options and settings are removed from the Indi Control panel of the Arik camera
as well. Any idea on why this happens? I am using kstars 3.5.1 beta pulled and build
from the repository Friday, Dec 4.
3 years 3 months ago #63989

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It appears that this problem is not related to the cameras. The same problem occurs when using a ZWO ASI and DMK camera.
I did a test with only two cameras connected. First, I disconnected the DMK camera (V4L2 driver). The screenshots show what the
ASI camera tab in the INDI control panel looks like before and after disconnecting the DMK camera. After disconnecting the ASI
camera too and reconnecting both, I did a similar test by disconnecting the ASI camera first. I have included the screenshots of
the V4L2 camera tab in the INDI control before and after disconnecting the ASI camera too. I have also included the debug log
file from EKOS. The odd things is that with the CCD and Guide simulators this problem does not occur.
3 years 3 months ago #64048

• Thank you received: 133
Not sure, but it might be related to this issue ...
3 years 3 months ago #64107

Indeed very similar what the cameras are concerned.
I don't have other pairs of similar devices, so can't check for the focussers.
3 years 3 months ago #64156

• Thank you received: 301
If you are building kstars, would it be possible for you to run a bisect on the changes applied to that executable, from June to 3.5.0? That would help to find where that regression was introduced. I know kstars is fairly long to build, so bisecting on indi might be faster, but the regression is probably in kstars.

-Eric
3 years 3 months ago #64158

I'm always building RPM packages, so I still have the old ones. I just tried installing kstars-3.4.3-1223_g96a8ae0cc, from June 7. I did keep the current INDI (1.8.7-63_gf3bffe62, from Nov 8 ).
It shows the same behavior as reported in my other thread, i.e., the INDI panel gets messed up when I disconnect one of several similar devices (tried both camera and focuser). So either the problem is older, or it's from within INDI. I'll try to downgrade that, too.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Peter Sütterlin. Reason: No, that wasn't a smiley.....
3 years 3 months ago #64164

So I installed the INDI 'belonging' to that kstars version, 1.8.5-68_g9f375447. Exactly the same regarding the INDI tab.
And also downloads fail. If I connect both the 183 and the 1600 I can download images from both. If I then disable the 183 and try to take a frame with the 1600, I first get a popup telling me 'Image transfers are disabled for that camera; Re-enable?'. If I re-enable, it exposes the frame, then hangs on download.

Maybe that issue is already much older.
3 years 3 months ago #64165

Jasem has fixed the problem with the INDI panel in a merge request. This works, but the camera download problems persist.
I still get the 'Image transfers disabled' popup when trying to capture with the not disabled camera, and after enabling it, it hangs during download.
Disconnecting and reconnecting the active camera again cures the issue.
3 years 3 months ago #64170

This issue is also fixed in the same MR after another commit is pushed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
3 years 3 months ago #64178

Time to create page: 2.583 seconds