INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

draw rectangle in kstars?

• Thank you received: 34
Hello,
Just an thought. Is it possible to draw an fixed rectangle in the kstars sky like the fov rectangle but with fixed position? For exmple top-left to down-right Alt1=170,Az1=14 / Alt2=180,Az2=9. I would like to mark the sky region that my mount can cover.
--= human, without Windows™ =--
pls excuse my bad english! :)
8 years 6 months ago #5223

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 10
Hello,
I would support this request but am thinking of a multipoint closed line defining the observable sky area (defined by alt/az coordinates).
(Well actually I think I would like to have a customized horizon line (similar to the one that can be defined in Carte du Ciel (skymap).)

Another idea that strikes me would be
a) to allow (and select from) more than one observable areas
b) limit telescope movement to the selected sky area
Reason is that I presently have an instrument platform on my GEM that can accommodate several combinations of telescopes (out of a 12" Newton, a 10" Newton, a 4" refractor and one or two shorter photographic assemblies). If no Newton and refractor are mounted, the mount can cross the meridian much farther than with one mounted and the way it can go beyond the meridian depends on the declination value as well (or rather azimuth value). I would then define observable areas depending on whether the instrument platform is on the east or west side of the mount pier.
I know I can already define the time angle the mount is allowed to go beyond the meridian but that would rather be a minmax definition (the minimum of all maximum time angles of different instrumentations).

Well, just a thought - maybe to specific and to much to work on?! I'm already happy with what KStars/Ekos/Indi provides! ;-)
CS
Michael

PS: I guess this should be moved to the wish list section of the forum. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philippe
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Hellriegel.
8 years 6 months ago #5224

• Thank you received: 223

This is a good idea and I think a cool option to have, it might be covered in the current development of the 'Horizon manager'.
8 years 6 months ago #5277

You may now test the "Horizon Manager" in KStars --> Settings.
8 years 6 months ago #5281

• Thank you received: 223

cool thanks Jasem, I shall be testing this a lot (be ready for questions and feature requests ;) ... lol ).

For everyone testing the Horizon manager, may I please ask everyone to contribute to the following thread to keep things nice and tidy.
www.indilib.org/forum/general/856-horizon-manager.html

thanks
8 years 6 months ago #5282

Replied by pauledd on topic draw rectangle in kstars?

I absolutely agree to that and prior to that and I will move to further comments over there, but just an last one more here.

I just tried the horizon manager and I was able to create a valid region, but is it intended to have a visual feedback in the sky map of the region(s)? Just asking because that was the "deeper meaning" of this thread ;)
8 years 6 months ago #5287

I take it the "Save" wasn't obvious? Maybe I'll change that to "Apply and Save"

EDIT: I added "Apply" button.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pauledd
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
8 years 6 months ago #5288

Replied by pauledd on topic draw rectangle in kstars?

I somehow missed that button :whistle: I can see the region in red now. excellent!! No need to change unless thousands others miss that like me.
8 years 6 months ago #5290

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds