INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guiding, Dark Library

• Thank you received: 18
I have started having some trouble with Guiding and the dark library. If I check dark I go through the routine of doing image with lens cap on and then off. If I then try and guide it asks again to do a dark and then fails calibrating because it looses the star. It seems to always ask for a dark even though it should have one. I set temperature tolerance to 10 degrees just to be sure. The darks it does take do not appear in the dark library. I don't know if it is related but dithering now fails.

I am running kstars/ekos on a mac connected to remote stellarmate, I have a vague recollection of some dialog about default file locations that I may have set the wrong way - perhaps to linux defaults because of stellarmate when it should be macos. I can't find the dialog in the menus and don't know for sure if I am recalling this correctly.

I see another topic that has the same issue with dark library not working so perhaps not the directory problem.

This does still leave me with the dithering no longer working. I don’t seem to have any logs being saved (since Dec 31) so doing verbose to get guiding logged doesn’t give me any insight.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Thomas Mason.
3 years 3 months ago #66083

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by hades on topic Guiding, Dark Library

Hi, I have also the issue with darks, but dithering is working correctly, so I think these two issues are not connected.
3 years 3 months ago #66092

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Guiding, Dark Library

IIRC, the issue with dark was resolved in 3.5.1, what version are you on?
3 years 3 months ago #66093

• Thank you received: 18

Replied by Thomas Mason on topic Guiding, Dark Library

I am running a Mac 3.5.1 beta, due to Canon EOS R issue with 3.5.0. Since 3.5.1 has come out since then I will switch to released version and see if that helps.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Thomas Mason.
3 years 3 months ago #66107

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds