INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Dithering settings

• Thank you received: 8

Dithering settings was created by Paolo

Calibration:
* uncheck "Two Axies"
* uncheck "Remove DEC backslash in guide calibration"

GPG RA Guider:
* enable GPG

Guide: as screenshot below. Please note that I have yet to test those settings due to cloudy weather. And also I have no precise idea on how to configure them, so that's why I'm posting this :)

My questions:
  1. Based on info I've read online, the Pixels value for a DSLR should be between 15 and 20. Therefore, for my setup the number would be roughly 13 pixels. (15*(2.47/2.92), where 15 is the wanted pixel for my d7500, 2.47 the image scale of imaging setup and 2.92 image scale of guiding setup). The problem is that I cannot choose a value higher that 10 pixels, why's that?
  2. From what I got, the threshold value should be equal or a bit higher than my average total RMS. Is that correct? Considering that I'll be guiding RA only, I should then consider the average RA RMS right? Or should I use the total average RMS event though I guide only in RA?

3 years 2 months ago #66167

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
Does your guide scope have the same focal length as your imaging scope? If yes then your computation of the number of pixels to dither over is correct. If no then you need to take into account the ratio of the focal lengths of your telescopes. If, for instance, you image at F=400 mm and your guide scope has F=160 mm then you need to correct as follows: 15 * (2.47/2.92) * (160/400) = 5.075 pixels.

I don't know the answer to your second question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paolo
3 years 2 months ago #66172

• Thank you received: 8

Replied by Paolo on topic Dithering settings

Thanks!! I wasn't considering the focal length!

Yes, my guide scope is 205mm and my apo is 350mm! The value then become 7.5! Thanks a lot mate!
3 years 2 months ago #66177

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds