INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scheduler and Re-Planning After Target Sets

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I've started to realize just how valuable the scheduler can be and am trying to understand how to better use it. Here's a situation I'm trying to fix:
  • I've created a list of targets to image over the next few (~6) months
  • I've set each target to run a 2-hour sequence repeated for 10 runs
  • I've selected the 'Sort jobs by Altitude and Priority' option in settings/options
  • Aborted job management is set to 'Immediate'
  • Naturally, each target cannot finish its tasking in a single night
  • When I press start, the first target (say, M1) starts and runs until it hits an altitude constraint
  • After hitting the altitude constraint, the mount sits and waits rather than proceeding to a new target that has risen (e.g., M65)

Here's the crux of the issue: Is there a way to have the scheduler move to a second target after the first target has set, even if the first target has not completed the whole job?

If possible, I'd prefer to avoid having to manually update my sequences every night based on what's up. I think 'Aborted Job Management' might have a role to play, but there may be a nuance that I am missing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 1 month ago #66999

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Did you find a solution to your problem?

I have been thinking about doing exactly the same, and when testing I encountered the same behavior you describe
2 years 11 months ago #69838

• Thank you received: 301
Oops didn't see that post, sorry. The altitude restriction currently reschedules targets without modifying the order of the plan. I suggest constraining your observation job with an end timestamp, or simply arranging for it to finish before it is too low in the sky, using short repeated sequences. The second solution is clearer in the Scheduler table (expected end time vs. altitude), but the job may be delayed by runtime events (clouds, trees...) and push the next jobs.

-Eric
2 years 11 months ago #69842

• Thank you received: 1
I have the same problem since trees reduce my sky to a small portion. The only solution that works for me is to schedule 2 or 3 jobs for the night and use "repeat until" for each job. But you will have to estimate end on each job.
2 years 11 months ago #69852

Time to create page: 0.866 seconds