INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Tips for Auto-Focus

• Thank you received: 276

Replied by John on topic Tips for Auto-Focus

Hi Mark,

I'm happy to take a look at the data from one of your focus runs if you like. I don't know if there's anything I can do to help for sure but happy to give it a go. if you can capture a "verbose" log file and the focus photos for a complete autofocus run.

If you turn on the option to save focus photos, here:

Attachment not found

The photos are stored in a directory called "autofocus" in the same location as the logs directory.

If you can also capture a log file with the following settings for the same autofocus run as the photos that would be great...

Attachment not found

1 year 4 months ago #88327

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mark Aston on topic Tips for Auto-Focus

Thanks John, I’ll save some runs once the clouds here in Scotland clear!

I couldn’t see your images/inserts - just a note that ‘You do not have permissions to access this page’.

Cheers

Mark
1 year 4 months ago #88339

• Thank you received: 276

Replied by John on topic Tips for Auto-Focus

Umm, not sure what happened there. I'll try again...

I'm happy to take a look at the data from one of your focus runs if you like. I don't know if there's anything I can do to help for sure but happy to give it a go. if you can capture a "verbose" log file and the focus photos for a complete autofocus run.

If you turn on the option to save focus photos, here:

The photos are stored in a directory called "autofocus" in the same location as the logs directory.

If you can also capture a log file with the following settings for the same autofocus run as the photos that would be great...
1 year 4 months ago #88340
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Nigel Dunmore on topic Tips for Auto-Focus

Have now been trying different SEP settings and have altered ‘min cont.’ to 0.1 from 0.005 that’s in the default setup. This seems to make the algorithm pick out the donuts better. More testing obviously needed.

YMMV …..
1 year 4 months ago #88515

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds