INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

GPS Dongle Goes back and forth between correct info and wrong info

• Thank you received: 0
Ok, so I have been using the UBLOX GPS dongle and can't seem to get it to work consistently. I have my geographical location set in the RP4 config files and in Kstars as well. I have done all of my updates and have changed the config file for the GPS, changing DEVICES "/dev/tty/ACM0." In INDI, I use the GPSD driver, but have also tried the GPSDongle one as well. When I start EKOS, the GPS location will give me the incorrect coordinates. After I hit refresh GPS, it will sometimes load the correct ones and then jump back to the incorrect ones. After repeating the GPS refresh five or six times, it will usually stay locked on the correct coordinates for my location. Any advice on how to get this to work more reliably? Also, in the RP4 config file, I have my location set to EN_-8 I believe. I am not sure what correct location setting should be. I am at -8 UTC Pacific timezone on the west coast of the US. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
3 years 1 month ago #68478

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I should add that I am using Astroberry
3 years 1 month ago #68479

• Thank you received: 140
You have to disable the Astroberry inbuilt GPS simulator software, then it will be ok....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Duker
3 years 1 month ago #68480

I will try this when I get home.... You just saved me a night of cursing lol.
3 years 1 month ago #68484

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds