INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How Do You Configure a Reducer in Ekos?

• Thank you received: 31
I just added a .8x reducer/flattener to my WO ZS73 refractor.  I have added the lens to my equipment configuration in Ekos, but I don't see where I can actually have it added/applied for use in plate solving calculations and guiding - I use an OAG and PHD2.  The best I can figure, is I can change the focal length of the primary scope from 430mm (native) to 344mm, which is in essence what the scope becomes with a .8x reducer.  Is this the best way to have the reducer included in the calculations Ekos makes, or is there another way I should be doing it and if so, where is it in Ekos?  Thanks guys!  Tom
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by Tom Bardenwerper.
3 years 1 week ago #69654

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
You can do it in two way. The first one is to just modify the focal length in the Mount tab and edit the values to match the focal using the reducer, but this will not saved on the next time.
The second one is to add a new profile with a new telescope details with the new focal value.
In this manner when you start Ekos you can switch the profile that you will use with the correct focal based uppon your setup
3 years 1 week ago #69656

• Thank you received: 565
Alessandro,

FWIW, I just tried changing the focal length values in the Mount tab. For me, after clicking "Save Telescope Info" just below the focal length line, the focal lengths were saved and appeared correctly the next time I started up Ekos.

Did you not notice the "Save Telescope Info" button, or do you believe there's a bug saving the info?

Hy
3 years 1 week ago #69657

• Thank you received: 23
I meant that it's better to have two profiles so you don't have to change the settings every time
3 years 1 week ago #69666

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds