INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars 3.5.3 Mac Beta --- Please test

• Thank you received: 809
 Jordi Sesé,

I think I remember that issue from before yes.  I don't build the dylib for QHY, that is done upstream.  All I get is the binary file.  So we need to ask Jasem or QHY to build that with the correct settings so it works on 10.13. Then we can rebuild with it.

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jordi Sesé
2 years 11 months ago #70568

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
I was able to connect all equipment and build a new dark library with the new feature. It all seemed to work well. Have not tried making a horizon, but others have shown it works good.
2 years 11 months ago #70622

• Thank you received: 2
Hi Again,

I guess there is something wrong at least with the lx200generic INDI driver, the one used to implement LX200_OnStep among others. Version 3.5.2 works fine, but in this beta it does not load properly. I don't know whether it's OSX version related (again, I'm on OSX 10.13).
The fact is that I have executed indiserver (-vvv, FIFO method) in a terminal (and then define remote indi in ekos), and when I start the indi driver, It just shows a few lines, nothing to do with the previous version. It is always the same:

FIFO: start ./indi_lx200_OnStep -v
FIFO: Starting driver ./indi_lx200_OnStep
2021-04-26T22:25:09: Driver ./indi_lx200_OnStep: pid=41080 rfd=4 wfd=7 efd=8
2021-04-26T22:25:09: Driver ./indi_lx200_OnStep: sending msg copy 1 nq 1:
[getProperties version='1.7'/]

That's all it shows. Most other drivers, and the same in 3.5.2 (run in its own folder, of course) output a lot more info, and get immediately recognized.
As I told you, the driver is not recognized (I guess it does not load properly). 

Thanks a lot for your time, and regards,

Jordi.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Jordi Sesé. Reason: problems to show code...
2 years 11 months ago #70661

• Thank you received: 18
The Dark Library feature looks good and I was able to make one for my ASI290MM mini but the resulting Masters appear not to have a sensible temperature even though the capture windows shows a good 20C reading? 

The FITS file seems to have correct temperature in it.

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Thomas Mason.
2 years 11 months ago #70673
Attachments:

Jordi,

While the previous issue you mentioned does appear to be a Mac specific issue that can be easily solved before the release, since it was just that the one driver had been built with the wrong Minos setting, this problem you mention with the lx200 generic driver is different.  I tried it a couple of different ways on my Mac and got the same results that you did.  So then out of curiosity I updated a Linux system that I have and the same thing happened on that computer too.  This is not a Mac specific issue.  It is either a bug, or something we are doing wrong.

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 11 months ago #70674

Thomas Mason,

I don't believe that this issue with the darks is specifically related to the Mac Build?  Currently I'm focused on trying to make sure that everything is good in the Mac build for the release.  You might get a quicker response to this issue by starting a new topic in the forum?

Thanks,

Rob
2 years 11 months ago #70675

That's not a bug in the darks. Temperature is ignored on cameras where you cannot set the temperature. So passive temperatures are ignored. Maybe in the future, it would try to find the temperature closest to current to apply a dark, but for now, if you don't have an active cooler, temperature is not used.
2 years 11 months ago #70698

• Thank you received: 18
How does it decide which dark to use?  Does the T.Threshold have any impact?
2 years 11 months ago #70700

Right now, whichever master fits the requirements is used. I think in the next release, I'll make use of the passive temperature, and then select the closest dark to the current camera temperature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
2 years 11 months ago #70701

Hey folks,

I just built another KStars DMG based on the feedback.  In the last couple of days, a bunch of drivers were fixed, the LX200 driver bug that was reported was a symptom of a bigger problem.  Pawel fixed all that a few days ago.  It seems to work now.  The latest INDI including the fixes is bundled in this KStars Please test it out and let me know if there are any other Mac specific issues.  Note that I did have to rebuild from scratch this time, so some tests that worked in the last beta could potentially fail now, so please test again.  It is here:

www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/beta/kstars-3.5.3-beta2.dmg

Items that should be tested:
- Cameras and other equipment that you rely on, especially ZWO, since we had an issue last time.
- INDI Webcam, since we had an issue with that one last time too.
- The new terrain feature, since it is brand new
- Scheduler, since that has had problems in previous builds due to DBus issues.
- INDI Server and Plate solving since those are complex systems
- Whats Interesting and Mount Toolbox since they are based on QML and sometimes that causes build issues.
- Anything else you might find

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jordi Sesé
2 years 10 months ago #70904

• Thank you received: 2
Yes! OnStep (lx200generic) and QHY drivers work now in OSX 10.13.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Wheather permitting, we will try some more things later...
2 years 10 months ago #70931

Very good.  Thank Pawel for fixing the drivers, but I did a bunch of work on the build.  It took a number of hours since craft forced me to do a full rebuild and that’s when I found a bunch of recipes needed to be updated.  

Please do more testing though since we need to make sure it is good to release.

2 years 10 months ago #70935

Time to create page: 0.773 seconds