INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ASI EAF focuser crashes

• Thank you received: 281

ASI EAF focuser crashes was created by John

Hi, I'm trying to use Kstars/EKOS on my new (first) DSO rig. I'm running everything on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. Since I'm new to Kstars/EKOS I'm probably making a silly mistake somewhere but any help would be appreciated.
I'm on the version of Kstars below.
When I start up using the indilib built-in to Kstars my mount, 2 cameras and FW all connect fine and from indoor testing appear to work OK. My ASI EAF focuser crashes on startup. I get an error popup - see below. This then loops. I've attached a picture of the log. Since it doesn't get very far I'm guessing this is something simple like the build has missed out the driver.
Anyway there's nothing wrong with the EAF because if I connect via the Indigo server (rather than the Kstars built-in indilib server) is connects fine and appears to work fine. Unfortunately when I use the Indigo server my mount responds erratically and Kstars/Indigo crash quite often. So I'm a bit stuck.
So any help with this issue would be greatly appreaciated.Hi, I'm trying to use Kstars/EKOS on my new (first) DSO rig. I'm running everything on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. Since I'm new to Kstars/EKOS I'm probably making a silly mistake somewhere but any help would be appreciated.
I'm on the version of Kstars below.
When I start up using the indilib built-in to Kstars my mount, 2 cameras and FW all connect fine and from indoor testing appear to work OK. My ASI EAF focuser crashes on startup. I get an error popup - see below. This then loops. I've attached a picture of the log. Since it doesn't get very far I'm guessing this is something simple like the build has missed out the driver.
Anyway there's nothing wrong with the EAF because if I connect via the Indigo server (rather than the Kstars built-in indilib server) is connects fine and appears to work fine. Unfortunately when I use the Indigo server my mount responds erratically and Kstars/Indigo crash quite often. So I'm a bit stuck.
So any help with this issue would be greatly appreaciated.
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
2 years 11 months ago #71159
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 223
I've separated your post from the main "KStars 3.5.3 Mac Beta --- Please test" as your issue is more about you ASI EAF focuser crashing.
2 years 11 months ago #71171

• Thank you received: 281

Replied by John on topic ASI EAF focuser crashes

As an update, i've found and installed Kstars 3.5.2. In this version all my devices including the ASI EAF connect and behave as expected (at least indoors) using the indilib built-in to Kstars. So very much looks like a 3.5.3 issue.
2 years 11 months ago #71250

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds