INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pgasus Ulimate Powerbox v2 - subordinate USB device comm failures

• Thank you received: 0
I have the above UPBv2 and want to standardize on it (and of course Kstars/Ekos) for my 3 most important scope/mount rigs.  I am running Ubuntu LTS 2004 on an older Dell laptop with 32GB of RAM.  I have bleeding-edge Kstars installed from Jasems's PPA. the UPBv2 firmware is v2.4. All software is fully up to date.

My mount is a Mach1GTO.  I am starting with a 80mm refractor and have a GPS dongle and2 ZWO cameras (290mini and 2600MC) in my immediate configuration.  I will be using other cameras and a filter wheel in other configurations.  I may add a SQM meter or perhaps other gizmos in the future.  I hope to build the other two rigs around the UPBv2 to minimize cabling problems.

I believe all of my troubles center on the USB hub and its INDI driver.  I can communicate with everything when I connect to this rig with a Win10 machine.  I can sometimes get INDI to communicate after a win10 session.  I had everything working under INDI last week with a filter wheel and the zWO 6200.  I created a new profile and swapped them out for the 2600.  I haven't been able to reliably use the rig since.

The problems are such as the GPS device (managed with gpsd) is found but will not communicate a fix.   The ASI2600 will appear after a Win10 session and then disappear after a EKOS re-connection, sometimes.

The mount is on ttyUSB0 and the UPBv2 is on ttyUSB1.  These comm assignments are stable.  I wonder if a configuration file has been corrupted. 

I clicked on the Serial Assistant button and nothing happens, no pop-up window, no6hing.  I don't know if the SA is intended to manage subordinate USB devices or not.

I really want this architecture to work reliably. Some guidance sorting this out will be appreciated. Who maintains the INDI driver for the UPB, Pegasus or a volunteer?

The Mach1 driver could use some love too, but that is for another post.

Thanks all,
Ray
2 years 11 months ago #71341

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds