INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Looping with Mosaics

• Thank you received: 0

Looping with Mosaics was created by Glen

Mosaic feature in Ekos is great, but I don't understand how to set up looping, in the Scheduler.  For example, say I have a 2x1 panel mosaic, with each panel set to take 10 subs.   Say I want this to cycle thru say 3 times.  If I set 'Job Completion Condition' to repeat for '3 runs',  it will take 10x3=30 subs of panel#1, then move and dooes panel#2 10x3=30 subs., and ends.  But what I want is [panel#1 10subs, then panel#2 10subs], then repeat [ ] a 2nd time, and repeat [ ] a final third time.     
      How to achieve this?   Or  similarly, how to have it looping forever, until some time.
Without mosaics, I have done looping thru different filter wheel positions, no problem, in the past.  But Mosaic set up perhaps needs to be don't differently.  ?

thx
Glen 
2 years 8 months ago #72924

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Glen on topic Looping with Mosaics

Anyone have advice on this?
2 years 8 months ago #73181

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Looping with Mosaics

Once you create your Scheduler jobs with the mosaic tool, you may select a job in the queue table by clicking once on it. This copies the settings to the left-hand panel. You may then press "+" to insert those settings as a new job, and move it it the list with the arrow buttons. However, before you do that, you will need to disable the Ekos option "Sort jobs by altitude" to allow manual changes to the list.

-Eric
2 years 8 months ago #73185

Replied by Glen on topic Re:Looping with Mosaics

Eric, thanks.  I have not used the '+' this way before.  So if I want to loop an additional say 5 times, I need to do the '+' operation  5 times (for each panel), and resequence them.   OK - a little cumbersome but that will work.    So apart from this approach,  to your knowledge, there is no way to have it loop automatically, until terminated?  Seems a little odd to me, like I'm missing something, as 'loop until terminated' seems like such a natural thing to want to do (in mosaics)? (And this approach to 'loop until terminated' DOES work in non-mosaics, eg loop thru filter settings (for eg R, then G, them B, for a filterwheel setup).)

Also, I hadn't tracked 'sort jobs by altitude', I think it was unchecked, but I will pay attention next time.  I see how that can mess up the looping.  Good point.

thx
Glen
2 years 8 months ago #73313

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Re:Looping with Mosaics

Looping blocks of jobs would be an interesting feature indeed. But once your schedule is prepared, you may save it and quickly append multiple instances of it with the relevant open button on the top right bar of the module interface. Though I agree that it is not straightforward and still a bit clunky.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafa Barberá
2 years 8 months ago #73318

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds