INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Save path changes automatically

• Thank you received: 41
I've lost a whole session last night due to this...

After approximately 20 subs, Ekos decided to auto change the default save path from Local to Client, so it stuck and never saved any subs... 

Right now I reset and save the setting for Local save but as soon as I press to start capture, automatically activates the Client. I used this path over a month ago and the USB is not attached anymore.

Where I have to look to delete or reset this setting? Any idea?

I've lost a whole session last night due to this...

After approximately 20 subs, Ekos decided to auto change the default save path from Local to Client, so it stuck and never saved any subs... 

Right now I reset and save the setting for Local save but as soon as I press to start capture, automatically activates the Client. I used this path over a month ago and the USB is not attached anymore.

Where I have to look to delete or reset this setting? Any idea?

2 years 8 months ago #72998
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Can you replicate this? The only reason something changes to client is for focus/align modules.
2 years 8 months ago #72999

Yes is reproducible. This is how I've managed to take those screenshots. I will do it again, at the moment I am updating another SD with Stellarmate to check it there too.
2 years 8 months ago #73001

Please list the exact steps to reproduce this.
2 years 8 months ago #73002

Here are two video files from scratch.

On the first, the Kstars crashes.

www.dropbox.com/s/cnhu31del6c7urp/Crash_Omegon.mkv?dl=0

On the second you can see the change in real-time. FYI I've done it again and chosen the other option, but I had the same result.

www.dropbox.com/s/z2w0kktgcqzupv7/Saving_path.mkv?dl=0
2 years 8 months ago #73005

Not sure about the crash, was this using 3.5.3 stable?

Regarding the 2nd video, this is actually the correct behavior. Don't confuse INDI names with Ekos. Actually, Ekos was using the same INDI names (Client/Local/Both) but that caused great confusion for many users since it wasn't intuitive, so later I changed it to "Locally" --> Client, Remotely ---> Local , Both --> Both.

From the DRIVER point of view LOCAL means save the images on the same device where the driver is running. From the client poin of view, this means REMOTE. At any rate, this is indeed the correct behavior.
2 years 8 months ago #73023

Yeap the latest stable fully upgraded.

I'm confused Jasem...

At Indi control panel-->Toupcam GPC the I have "Guide", "Local" and the Dir says : /home/astroberry , that is actually in my one and only SD Card.

As soon as I press Start in the Capture panel, it changes automatically to "Guide", "Client" and the Dir says : [...]/astroberry/ASTROPHOTOS/Light/[...]

That was a remote location (a USB stick) that is not attached for over a month. How does it know, remember, and automatically apply this older path?
So then it searches for that path and just stays there without saving the file and continues capturing.

FYI, I'm not even counting the path that I have on the Capture tab.
2 years 8 months ago #73025

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds