INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Imaging Sequence Problem

• Thank you received: 5
Well, I can get Ekos to at least recognize my Nikon D600, so I set up a test shooting session to see how it all fits together, but there's something going on that I don't understand.

I set up a small test session for lights, just 4 frames at 2 seconds each in FITS format, with a 3 second pause between frames, that I have instructed the program to save to a folder under pictures called CAPTURE.

When I start the sequence, it takes the first shot, spends a period of time downloading it, then the KStars FITS Viewer comes up showing the image. This apparently holds up the sequence. Nothing happens until the KStars FITS Viewer comes up, then the delay I set kicks in, then the next shot is taken, and the whole process repeats.

So once again. what's going on? Why is the FITS viewer coming up after every shot holding up the sequences, and how can I keep it from doing so?

This is really beginning to get frustrating. Out of 4 cameras I've hooked up to it, only one works, and I have a viewer coming up after every shot for no reason. I'm getting nowhere fast with with Astroberry.

Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Phil.
2 years 9 months ago #73070
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 8
I'm not sure if this is the correct setting but do the following:
In the 'Options' button in the bottom right, click on that, and go to the FITS section. In there untick 'Use FITS Viewer'. The help text of this says to 'Automatically display received images in FITS Viewer'.

Also if you're using a RPi, you might want to select 'Limited Resource Mode', though this will mean your DSLR images will come as grayscale and not be debayered (and I found that was the best anyway as you will want to do image calibration in gray scale before debayering).
2 years 9 months ago #73073

I agree this is an issue. But KStars was coupled to waiting for the image to load first. In the next release, I will try to ease this as we decouple data from GUI. I created a merge request for next release: invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/merge_requests/336
2 years 9 months ago #73084

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds