INDI Library v1.8.1 Released (09 Sep 2019)

Monthly maintenance release INDI v1.8.1

Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact)

1 year 6 months ago
Casaro68
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #23974
Hi Rob
I had a similar problem to change language: when I inserted the Italian it gave me a dbus error (if I remember correctly) ...
I reinstalled dbus and it worked ...
I tell you because I tried to enter users and groups and I have no mistake. I suspect the dbus may be the manager since it was the only thing I did with your script ....
I hope you help solve

Paolo

Ciao Rob
Ho avuto un problema simile per cambiare lingua: quando inserivo l'italiano mi dava un errore di dbus (se mi ricordo bene)...
Ho reinstallato dbus e ha funzionato...
Te lo dico perchè ho provato ad entrare negli utenti e gruppi e non ho nessun errore. Sospetto che il dbus possa essere il responsabile dato che è stata l'unica cosa che ho fatto insieme al tuo script....
Spero ti aiuti a risolvere

Paolo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 6 months ago
colgs3b
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24156

rlancaste wrote: Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends:
org.freedesktop.systemtoolsbackends permission denied

You're not the only seeing this. I replied to a post on the Rock64 focus with the same issue.
forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5840&pid=36176#pid36176

1 year 6 months ago
colgs3b
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24179

colgs3b wrote:

rlancaste wrote: Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends:
org.freedesktop.systemtoolsbackends permission denied

You're not the only seeing this. I replied to a post on the Rock64 focus with the same issue.
forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=5840&pid=36176#pid36176

Try the following commands in a terminal:

sudo chown root:messagebus /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
sudo chmod u+s /usr/lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper

Seems to work now.

1 year 6 months ago
rlancaste
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24180
Yes this works nicely! Good work!

1 year 6 months ago
AstroNerd
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24193
Can I ask a question, I am looking at getting the Rock64 and have a perfectly good working rpi3 with stellarmate OS on, would it be a case of just swapping the SD card over and off I go, or am I missing something major here...??
:)

Stellarmate OS BETA on Raspberry pi4b
Skywatcher EQ8 pro
Meade series 5000 80mm triplet Apo & Meade 8” SCT (de-forked)
Starlight Xpress SXVR H18, SXVR M25c, Lodestar Guide Camera
Pegasus Ultimate Hub for all USB & Power
Pegasus focus motors on both scopes

1 year 6 months ago
rlancaste
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24194
It would be nice if that worked, but no, you need the Rock64 Ubuntu-Mate image to start. Yes it is the same OS/distribution, but there are differences due to the hardware. I don't think it would work.
The following user(s) said Thank You AstroNerd

1 year 6 months ago
wimvb
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24201

AstroNerd wrote: Can I ask a question, I am looking at getting the Rock64 and have a perfectly good working rpi3 with stellarmate OS on, would it be a case of just swapping the SD card over and off I go, or am I missing something major here...??
:)

The Rock has a different processor than the Raspberry Pi, and you can't just swap sd cards. But installation is about the same as you would a standard RPi. Install an OS (Ubuntu Mate), link to the PPA's and install the software. I don't know if Stellarmate is available for the Rock, but the standard INDI distribution works, as does PHD. The Rock is a LOT faster than the RPi (RPi 3B, I haven't tested the new B+ model).

Wim

Opticron Oregon 15*70, Skywatcher 150PDS + ST80, AZ-EQ6 GT + EQ3-2 Goto, ZWO ASI174MM-Cool + Pentax K20D (retired) + ZWO ASI120MM, homemade ditherbox, PixInsight, Rock64 x 2 with INDI & PHD2, cloud cover

www.astrobin.com/users/wimvb/
The following user(s) said Thank You AstroNerd

1 year 5 months ago
maudy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24609
I just ordered the Rock64. One site seems to offer a few images.

Is there an image you would recommend using to flash to the SD Card?

Any pointers to get the rock64 up and running, in the end headless using vnc (x11vnc, or such) would be greatly appreciated.

1 year 5 months ago 1 year 5 months ago by wimvb.
wimvb
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24612
I can check the exact version tonight, when I switch it on again. But off the top of my head, I'd say it's the latest stable community build (ayufan) of ubuntu mate (xenial). Setup is pretty much the same as for a raspberry pi.
Have a look here also:
stargazerslounge.com/topic/305142-indi-on-the-rocks/
(The os version may have changed since I wrote this.)
Hope this helps.

Wim

Opticron Oregon 15*70, Skywatcher 150PDS + ST80, AZ-EQ6 GT + EQ3-2 Goto, ZWO ASI174MM-Cool + Pentax K20D (retired) + ZWO ASI120MM, homemade ditherbox, PixInsight, Rock64 x 2 with INDI & PHD2, cloud cover

The following user(s) said Thank You maudy

1 year 5 months ago 1 year 5 months ago by maudy.
maudy
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24616
Thank you, I am going through the thread now.

Does this link make sense for the image: github.com/ayufan-rock64/linux-build/releases/tag/0.5.15

Quick edit: it seems to be a slight newer version than the one in your thread. It can be better to use a tried/true version :) Thoughts ?
Quick edit 2: okay.. reading through the thread... Nice work there thank you. I noticed you are using an even newer version. I will continue reading.

Thank you wimvb

1 year 5 months ago
rlancaste
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
More
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24621
maudy,

I would probably use the latest version, although they can make mistakes, usually things get better. There are still some issues with their Rock64 image which I posted about recently in this thread. My 64 bit script should get it mostly set up, but there were still a couple of problems with their image including icons not showing up on the desktop due to some graphics issue and the marco compositor, and an issue with the users and groups dialog to name a couple.

Thanks,

Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You maudy

1 year 5 months ago
wimvb
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder
More
Topic Author
Indi on the rocks (a Rock64 to be exact) #24623
Yes, use the latest stable release. I reinstalled everything since my write up on stargazerslounge. That's why I would need to check which version I run now. I've also ordered a new Rock to replace other Pi. Atm I run one Rock for the camera/wheel, and a Pi for the mount and guiding. In this configuration, the Pi is the master. Downloading images over wifi, for focusing and aligning, is very slow (don't know why). I hope to speed this up with another Rock. For some reason, the Rock that I have, doesn't like two asi cameras at the same time. I use the camera Rock headless, and the desktop on the pi for phd guiding only.

Wim

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds