INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Focus routine not working

• Thank you received: 3
Hello,

It's been a while since I used my autofocuser w EKOS but last 2 nights I did & something strange happens.

I'm using 3.5.2 and my focuser is a DeepSkyDad AF3.

When I select my main imaging camera and run auto-focus, the image is captured & analysed and then the focuser draws out, calculates the focus quality & then draws back in etc.  I can see the polynomial its being plotted, but then it just doesn't find the minimum and loops back to the initial starting focus position & starts again even where there is a clear curve.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?  If so, any tips please (it may be that I'm not using the right settings although I leave it to what it defaults to - but I know the focuser module seem to be more sophisticated w more optionality than the last time I regularly used it - is there a tutorial of best practices somewhere?)

Thank you.
2 years 7 months ago #74989

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
I'm not an expert, but there were a lot of improvements in the autofocus process with version 3.5.4. Prior to this version, I had a lot of trouble with polynomial focusing (same as your experience) and had to use linear to make it work. Under 3.5.4 I have not had any problems with autofocus and it is very fast.

Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vin
2 years 7 months ago #74991

Replied by Vin on topic Focus routine not working

Thanks @Ron Clanton that is encouraging to hear.  I will download 3.5.4 (hopefully it will crash less than 3.5.2 has done the last two nights too).  As you'd expected, no clear nights for a week now so will report back once I've had a chance to test it again!

Cheers
2 years 7 months ago #74999

Replied by Vin on topic Focus routine not working

It works on 3.5.4 hurray - and the multi-star guiding is also pretty cool to see.  KStars has been crashing a lot as well though so clearly there's another issue coming through?  Ah well.
2 years 7 months ago #75253

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds