INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using Scheduler with Manual focuser

• Thank you received: 33
Hi,
I do my focussing manually. I do a manual focus using the Focus simulator before I start imaging but subsequently once scheduler has taken charge, if the focus changes or I need to force a focus change there doesnt seem to be a way for the scheduler to pause automatically and alert me to do a manual focus. It treats as if I have an automated focuser and goes into a loop.
Is there a way around this?
2 years 5 months ago #76777

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 370
I think the right way is to press the pause button in the Capture module, focus manually and the press the play button to continue. Does that solve your problem?
2 years 5 months ago #76790

Not really. This would mean I would have to stay glued to the screen waiting for next focus event.
If there is some way of letting the scheduler/Ekos know that its a manual focuser then it could potentially pause when it attempts to do focus. Similar to when it needs to take darks and it waits for cover to be placed.
I am assuming that level of control already exists as documentation suggests it supports both manual and auto focuser.
2 years 5 months ago #76792

• Thank you received: 1
I've had the same problem and have to make sure the "focus box"  is unchecked in the scheduler.   Then focus manually before starting any sequence of imaging.   Typically my focus doesn't change  in a few hours though and am not using a filter wheel (yet).  
2 years 5 months ago #76973

Thats what I do atm.
As docs say Ekos supports manual focus: "- Auto and manual focus modes using Half-Flux-Radius (HFR) method."
I was assuming there is a way and it was just me who hadnt figured out how to do it :-(
So if this a new feature request then will just need to put that in there I guess.
2 years 5 months ago #76995

Time to create page: 0.599 seconds