INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pi temperature probe driver?

• Thank you received: 226
Is there support for a temperature probe wired directly to a Raspberry Pi GPIO or I2C? If not, there should be since it shouldn't be necessary to use an Arduino for the task.
2 years 2 months ago #79752

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5
I2C and SPI yes, direct no. I am investigating Astroberry DIY as a way of integrating different temperature solutions including internal as well as external.
2 years 2 months ago #79755

• Thank you received: 21
You can attach, e.g. a BME280 sensor.

I have some scripts here, to do environmental monitoring of my imaging sessions, as part of Astroberry's panels:
github.com/jscheidtmann/astroberry-serve...panel/files/envpanel

I have not created an INDI driver and do not intend to create one at the moment.

Best regards, Jens
2 years 2 months ago #79775

Replied by Andrew on topic Pi temperature probe driver?

Thank you Jens. Is Envpanel supported by the EKOS weather monitoring and for refocusing on temperature change?
2 years 2 months ago #79776

• Thank you received: 21
No, that would mean to write an INDI driver. I have currently no plans to do this, as I am building an Ardufocuser, which will also include a temperature sensor...

Maybe this here helps: Radek supports another sensor in the astroberry-diy driver, see here: github.com/rkaczorek/astroberry-diy
2 years 2 months ago #79777

Replied by Andrew on topic Pi temperature probe driver?

So the Astroberry DIY driver is excellent, but is not compatible with my motor driver, a Waveshare Stepper Motor HAT that is based on the DRV8825. Perhaps I will ask Radek to add support for it.
But I still believe an INDI driver for sensors installed on a Raspberry Pi without an arduino in between is desirable.
2 years 2 months ago #79779

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds