INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[Solved] Issue with 2 ZWO EAF focusers in 2 different profiles

• Thank you received: 15
Hi,

I'm running Astroberry and have 2 Ekos profiles, one for the APO and one for the Newton. Both telescopes have an ASI EAF focus motor but with different max positions due to the different focusers. I tried to set up 2 different device labels for the EAF driver and use the corresponding label in the profile so that the parameters (i. e. max position) is saved for both EAFs independently.

I added 2 labels in /usr/share/indi/indi_asi.xml:
and selected the appropriate device in the profile editor:   

I also created 2 *_config.xml files for the new device entries in ~/.indi :   .

But when I start Ekos/Indi, the name of the device in the Indi control center tab is always "ASI EAF" and not "ASI APO" (for instance, or "ASI Newton":  

If I change the max position (or any other parameter) and then save the configuration, always the file ~/.indi/ASI EAF_config.xml is updated and never the ASI EAF APO_config.xml or ASI EAF Newton_config.xml.

Am I missing something? I know of other guys who use the same procedure and for them it works...

Any help appreciated...

CS, Bernd
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Bernd Limburg.
2 years 2 months ago #80552
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just a short update: One guy with a working 2-profile 2-identical-focusers setup uses a Pegasus DMFC, so no ZWO ASI EAF. I talked to another one with 2 ZWO ASI EAFs in 2 profiles and he has the same problem, only 1 parameter set possible.

Might be a bug in the indi_asi_focuser?

CS, Bernd
2 years 2 months ago #80568

Just tested by using KStars Custom Drivers tool and it worked as expected.
2 years 2 months ago #80569
Attachments:

Hello,

thank you for your reply. I tested the Custom Drivers tool as well and it didn't work either. You tested with the ASI EFW filter wheel, my problem is with the ASI EAF focus motor. Is it possible that it depends on what driver you try to create an alias from?

Regards, Bernd
2 years 2 months ago #80570

oh yeah sorry I got confused. Just pushed a fix for EAF to make it behave like EFW. Wait for nightly or compile from GIT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bernd Limburg
2 years 2 months ago #80575

2 years 2 months ago #80576

I compiled indi-asi from GIT as described  here  and now it works as expected.

Thanks again Jasem for the quick solution!

CS, Bernd
2 years 2 months ago #80579

• Thank you received: 3
Hi all,

@Jasem, could you please share more details about a place where the Custom Drivers can be defined? I cannot find it.

I use KStars v. 3.5.9 and as long as one problem (indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/12804-indi-...asi-ccd-crashed.html) is not solved, I'm not happy to upgrade my Astroberry server. I'm not good enough to compile from source.

Anyway, I'm just finishing adapting a Russian TAIR-3-PhS 300mm F/4.5 lens to the purpose of astrophotography and I realised that INDI/Ekos force me to change settings obtained with some effort. The lens will be equipped with ZWO EAF, like another refractor, which is my main scope now.

Thanks in advance,
Martha.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Martha.
1 year 3 months ago #89488

Time to create page: 0.717 seconds