INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

FIXED* -DO NOT UPDATE the ESATTO Firmware - FIXED in latest INDI GITHUB release.

• Thank you received: 2
Yes, unfortunately I have had the same experience that primalucelab does not respond to support requests. Very sad for such a company.

I have now been able to downgrade the firmware to version 1.3 and it looks like it will work again with indi.

I had to download the FOCUSER Manager and the ESATTO firmware 1.3. at the bottom of the page. This allows me to downgrade the firmware.
eu.primalucelab.com/info/downloads.html
1 year 4 months ago #88560
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
Hi, I had the same problem with my Sesto Senso2 after upgrading the firmware to the one included with Play 1.4.4.
I fixed it by adding the property name in the command string that is send to the focusser for ABS_POS, SPEED, and NTC_T.
Somehow, the focusser response is truncated when the property name is not included in the command string.
1 year 4 months ago #88594

• Thank you received: 38
Where did you do that? In the INDI Driver? Maybe I can modify the ESATTO driver as well.
1 year 3 months ago #88604

If you have a patch to fix this, let us know and we'll apply to INDI. I requested doc update from Primaluce and still waiting for it.
1 year 3 months ago #88616

In sestosenso2.cpp I changed line 1552, to the following
1550 bool CommandSet::getAbsolutePosition(char *res)
1551 {
1552 return sendCmd("{\"req\":{\"get\":{\"MOT1\":{\"ABS_POS\":\"\"}}}}", "ABS_POS", res);
1553 }

Similarly on line 1557
1555 bool CommandSet::getCurrentSpeed(char *res)
1556 {
1557 return sendCmd("{\"req\":{\"get\":{\"MOT1\":{\"SPEED\":\"\"}}}}", "SPEED", res);
1558 }

While debugging I also noticed that the focusser response was truncated when requesting the NTC temperature.
Although the NTC_T property was not in the truncated part and the function worked, I changed line 1649 too:
1647 bool CommandSet::getMotorTemp(char *res)
1648 {
1649 return sendCmd("{\"req\":{\"get\":{\"MOT1\":{\"NTC_T\":\"\"}}}}", "NTC_T", res);
1650 }

There might be more routines with the same problem but I haven't noticed them. I don't know whether
older firmware has a problem with these changes.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Camiel Severijns.
1 year 3 months ago #88624

• Thank you received: 274
Hi,

Do you use the Linear 1 Pass focus algorithm with the Esatto? Reason I'm asking is that some other folks have reported errors with Linear 1 Pass / Esatto which we haven't worked out yet and I was wondering if its related to this problem or something else?
1 year 3 months ago #88625

• Thank you received: 18
I was one of the ones having trouble with linear 1 pass and the esatto. I did not update to the new firmware due to Sonny’s warning. I am running the prior version. There does seem to be something funky about how the esatto handles backlash, hopefully the new firmware fixes that, once it is supported by indi.
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Thomas Mason.
1 year 3 months ago #88628

Well that's cool.

One thing that I am thinking is the new firmware must have an issue to cause the problem you found.

I will put your fix into my build as well to test when I can.

I have been trying to get PrimaLuceLabs to look into this issue, I really think they have an issue with the new firmware itself and there haven't been any command changes.

In sestosenso2.cpp I changed line 1552, to the following
1550 bool CommandSet::getAbsolutePosition(char *res)
1551 {
1552 return sendCmd("{\"req\":{\"get\":{\"MOT1\":{\"ABS_POS\":\"\"}}}}", "ABS_POS", res);
1553 }

Similarly on line 1557
1555 bool CommandSet::getCurrentSpeed(char *res)
1556 {
1557 return sendCmd("{\"req\":{\"get\":{\"MOT1\":{\"SPEED\":\"\"}}}}", "SPEED", res);
1558 }

While debugging I also noticed that the focusser response was truncated when requesting the NTC temperature.
Although the NTC_T property was not in the truncated part and the function worked, I changed line 1649 too:
1647 bool CommandSet::getMotorTemp(char *res)
1648 {
1649 return sendCmd("{\"req\":{\"get\":{\"MOT1\":{\"NTC_T\":\"\"}}}}", "NTC_T", res);
1650 }

There might be more routines with the same problem but I haven't noticed them. I don't know whether
older firmware has a problem with these changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Sonny Cavazos.
1 year 3 months ago #88640

Jasem has updated the driver on INDI GitHub. I recommend we wait until he syncs the drivers so it will appear properly on the INDI-WEB system if you use that.

Also it only works with the latest firmware for the Esatto. So you must upgrade the firmware on the Esatto to use the new driver.

It does have a proper backlash routine in the firmware now and I have used it successfully.

If you can compile GITHUB stuff, you can try it, but you will need to manually start indiserver to get it to work with your equipment.

I use this command to start my indiserver:

indiserver indi_pegasus_upb indi_qhy_ccd indi_asi_wheel indi_esatto_focus indi_asi_ccd indi_ioptronv3_telescope
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dahu, Rafael Schlegel
1 year 3 months ago #88982

SestoSenso driver was also updated.. if there are any users out there, please report back if it works since I don't have the hardware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rafael Schlegel
1 year 3 months ago #88983

Hi Jasem,

Unfortenately the new driver doesn't work for sesto senso2. The basic problem is that when one requests all parameters about MOT1 the response string is too long and gets truncated (most likely in the focusser itself, not in INDI). In primalucelabcommandset.cpp, this happens for the json command on line 450. This makes the driver crash. The solution should be to modify the json request so that only the desired parameters are returned. With the new structure it is not clear to me how that should be implemented.

The json command on line 736 will most likely cause the same problem but I can't test this since I don't have an ARCO device.
1 year 3 months ago #89107

Thank you for the update Camiel. I pushed an update to increase receive buffer, can you please git pull and see if this helps?
1 year 3 months ago #89108

Time to create page: 1.170 seconds