INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

USB Focus dispatch error

• Thank you received: 4
Dear all,

since I had no success using indi_usbfocus_focuser with EKOS, I finally decided to start my own (experimental) driver project for the USB_focus_V3. I already submitted some code to Jasem. I think if he finds that the code fits the quality requirements of libindi, he maybe can make a version available for testing.

Best regards,
Georg
7 years 3 months ago #13054

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165
I also started my own version using Moonlite focuser code as base and replacing the commands and some of the logic. Seems to work enough for EKOS autofocus to work and so on, haven't finished the temperature compensation changes yet. So it might be useful to combine the effort :)
7 years 3 months ago #13063

Pushed my initial version to github.com/jpaana/indi/tree/usb_focus_v3 if you want to take a look
7 years 3 months ago #13065

• Thank you received: 4
My code is available at github.com/XXgeoXX/indi. Is seems that we pretty much went the same road. I also used the MoonLite focuser code as a basis for implementing the driver. The commands you send to the focuser controller look similar to mine. My code should basically be complete, including automatic temperature compensation, selecting rotation direction as well as changing the temperature compensation sign. However, since I only own one USB_focus_v3 and have no access to other samples, it up to now has only been tested with my device, having firmware 1505 installed on it.

Best regards,
Georg
7 years 3 months ago #13074

Thanks, yours does look more finished, I'll have a look and test as well, though mine is also with firmware 1505.
7 years 3 months ago #13079

I just merged the pull request, so it should be in the PPA build tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jarno Paananen
7 years 3 months ago #13080

Time to create page: 0.781 seconds