INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[Closed] NFocus - Negative Number - Inward Focus

• Thank you received: 11
Through the Indi Control panel I'm able to focus inward with ticks that reflect negative numbers from zero and conversely to focus out with positive numbers from zero.

Through the Ekos Control panel I'm NOT able to focus inward from Zero. This requires me to set a relative number of steps above zero as a starting point which necessitates manually disengaging the Rigel focus motor beforehand.

It would be convenient to be able to focus inward from zero, i.e. negative numbered ticks, from within Ekos Control panel also.
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Keith Cobby. Reason: Updated Subject field status
6 years 10 months ago #16894

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I would like to add that I use a Rigel usb-nStep but use the Indi NFocus driver. I presume the Indi NFocus driver is designed for focuser's with relative positions as apposed to the Indi NStep driver that includes three stepper speeds.

(Just an observation but the two Indi drivers nFocus and nStep are called the opposite in each case to the Rigel products the nStep and nFocus).
Skywatcher 190MN - EQ6 Pro (with Belt Mod) - ASI1600MM-Cooled - ASI EFW7 - ASI120MM - WO f4 Guide Scope - Rigel nStep - KStars/Ekos - KDE - PixInsight
6 years 10 months ago #16935

What do you mean called opposite?
6 years 10 months ago #17065

Is it possible to add a focuser temperature calibration/offset feature within the Indi Control Panel for Rigel nStep config. The actual temperature reading does change but only reads 2.30 (two point three) when I know ambient was around 23. Attached is the nStep manual as a reference for the ASCOM compliant utility features.

I've re-read the Indi tutorials and conceded to the fact that Indi presumes the focuser is full retracted on start up and therefore only assumes it needs to focus outward. This is of course logical and akin to parking the mount. I will park my focuser at the end of each session from now on.
6 years 10 months ago #17168
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds