INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Problems connecting to ZWO efw (Rock64)

• Thank you received: 7
The asi wheel driver crashed at 22;59;26
2017-11-04T22:59:26: Driver indi_asi_wheel: restart #1
after it has connected. When a driver at the server restarts, clients wont get noticed by those restarts, and cannot reconnect. That's the reason why the driver suddenly behaves unresponsive after initial connection.

@Jasem: We started to discuss how to handle driver restarts on the client side ... what do you think. I see this still as a major problem that clients an not automatically reconnect when a driver has restated. Or did you solve this problem in EKOS already?

Btw: The INDI CCD module of the new PixInsight 1,8.5 version is now able to control to external filter wheels ;)
6 years 4 months ago #20817

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 16
Thanks for your response. I tried the pixinsight indi client (1.8.5), without success. The question that remains is why the filter wheel crashes on the rock64.
An automatic reconnect to ekos would be a great feature.
6 years 4 months ago #20819

Yes, any client will show a similar behaviour ... the root cause of this problem is the crash of the asi filter driver on rock64. I run this driver on a raspberry pi 3 and it woks without problems.
6 years 4 months ago #20820

Same here. It works great on the Pi. The reason I'm testing this with the Rock64, is that it has a usb3 port. With shorter image transfer times, amp glow should be less of an issue with my ASI174.
6 years 4 months ago #20824

If it is the OS that is (part of) the problem, and causes the fw driver to crash, would it be better to install INDI under debian? At the moment I have it running under Ubuntu on the Rock64 and Raspberry Pi.
6 years 4 months ago #20826

Not sure if the OS is the root cause of the problem ... can you switch on the trace for the filter wheel driver? Actually I forgot how to do that :( but afaik it is possible, there are some trace output statements in the code
6 years 4 months ago #20833

Will try that tomorrow. Never heard of "trace" though. Only logging in ekos/kstars, so I will have to look it up first.
6 years 4 months ago #20835

New day, new attempt:
Started up the indi server with the -l argument to log events locally on the Rock64.
The log file has only one line:

INFO 0.005758 sec : Session log file /home/rock64/.indi/logs/2017-11-12/indi_asi_wheel/indi_asi_wheel_20:04:07.log

I also noted now that the indi_asi_wheel process dies every time the client tries to connect to it. I've tried Ekos and PixInsight as clients. Same result for both.
But still no clue as to why this happens.

Should I try to build the indi_asi_wheel driver on my rock?
(I don't want to build the entire indilib software, just the wheel driver. If this would help.)
6 years 4 months ago #20858

I think this is the filter driver log file:
/home/rock64/.indi/logs/2017-11-12/indi_asi_wheel/indi_asi_wheel_20:04:07.log
Does this file contain some entries / info?
6 years 4 months ago #20860

Only the line starting with "INFO":
INFO 0.005758 sec : Session log file /home/rock64/.indi/logs/2017-11-12/indi_asi_wheel/indi_asi_wheel_20:04:07.log

Nothing else.
6 years 4 months ago #20861

Build libindi from source and then compile the driver and see if that makes a difference. The drivers contains a blob that was compiled for arm64 but I wonder if this is what causing the issue somehow?
6 years 4 months ago #20862

Thanks, will do. But not tonight, because tonight is going to be clear. I'll use my trusty raspberry pi until I got this solved.
Will report back here when I have more to share.
6 years 4 months ago #20863

Time to create page: 1.884 seconds