INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Initialization of Sesto Senso

You're doing a fantastic job Rishi! Keep it up!
4 years 10 months ago #39774

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
Hi Rishi,

I just tested your version 1.3 of the driver and can conform that it is working! It reads out the correct maximum position (that I have got after the calibration with the PrimaLuceLab software). Furthermore it moves to a desired absolut position and stops there. It can now focus in and focus out. I just tested indoor, so I do not know if the autofocus is working but I think it will do.

Thank you very much for that great work!
4 years 10 months ago #39823

• Thank you received: 56
Thanks for the feedback, good to know it works.
I have done one evenings imaging and the focussing worked fine.
4 years 10 months ago #39826

Has anyone pulled the nightly build for StellarMate and got the new version 1.3?
4 years 10 months ago #39833

• Thank you received: 2
Hi all,

Have some of you noticed any overheating and buzzing sound after new driver installation?

Mine is hot as hell in less than 5 minutes!!

Thanks

Paco L.
SkyWatcher AZEQ6-Pro
Meade SC8 UHTC
TMB 80/480 LZOS APO
Orion ShortTube 80/400
APM 50 sight & find
Meade ETX70-AT
QHY183M
ZWO ASI290MC
StarlightXpress Filter Wheel
SestoSenso Focuser
Pegasus Pocket Power Box
... More coming...
4 years 10 months ago #39836

Hi Paco

It should not get that hot.
There are two possible reasons but neither should be effected by the driver.
The first is the power supply you are using.
The second are the "Current" values you see in the SestoSenso app. Under the Advanced settings you can choose Light, Medium or Heavy. I run the Heavy setting as I have a pretty heavy full frame DSLR. Take a look at the Hold value. This is the amount of current used to keep the focuser set at any given position. I believe this gets set to 20. You could try changing this to 15. Remember to press the "Send" button and then the "Save Parameters" button
4 years 10 months ago #39847

Thanks again Rishi!

I had that Hold parameter set to Medium/24 and I changed it to Medium/15. I have a Zwo OAG, ASI290MC, SX filter wheel and QHY183M in my train so I think that this would be a medium gear.. am I right?

It seems that now is working right without any overheating . I put the temperature probe stuck to the focuser case and is not detecting any temperature raise...

The problem now is exactly that: the temperature sensor is not read by INDI driver. Only is read when you start the drivers and connect the gear, but temperature doesn't change. I tried to keep the sensor in my hands a couple of minutes to warm it and driver is stiil at its initial read. Then I disconnected and stop the driver and restart and reconnect and at this moment the sensor read the temperature increment.

it seems that the driver (or the focuser itself) is not reading (polling) or sending any temperature data no more than at starting time.

Someone has experienced the same?

Thanks

Paco L.
SkyWatcher AZEQ6-Pro
Meade SC8 UHTC
TMB 80/480 LZOS APO
Orion ShortTube 80/400
APM 50 sight & find
Meade ETX70-AT
QHY183M
ZWO ASI290MC
SestoSenso Focuser
Pegasus Pocket Power Box
... More coming...
4 years 10 months ago #39854

Thanks again Rishi!

I had that Hold parameter set to Medium/24 and I changed it to Medium/15. I have a Zwo OAG, ASI290MC, SX filter wheel and QHY183M in my train so I think that this would be a medium gear.. am I right?

It seems that now is working right without any overheating . I put the temperature probe stuck to the focuser case and is not detecting any temperature raise...

The problem now is exactly that: the temperature sensor is not read by INDI driver. Only is read when you start the drivers and connect the gear, but temperature doesn't change. I tried to keep the sensor in my hands a couple of minutes to warm it and driver is stiil at its initial read. Then I disconnected and stop the driver and restart and reconnect and at this moment the sensor read the temperature increment.

it seems that the driver (or the focuser itself) is not reading (polling) or sending any temperature data no more than at starting time.

Someone has experienced the same?

Thanks

Paco L.
SkyWatcher AZEQ6-Pro
Meade SC8 UHTC
TMB 80/480 LZOS APO
Orion ShortTube 80/400
APM 50 sight & find
Meade ETX70-AT
QHY183M
ZWO ASI290MC
SestoSenso Focuser
Pegasus Pocket Power Box
... More coming...
4 years 10 months ago #39855

I guess 25mA is a bit too much current.

I don't yet have the temperature sensor but I just saw a post on CloudyNights where someone has successfully attached a cheap (I mean a few Euro's) temp sensor. I will get hold of one and try it out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Thompson
4 years 10 months ago #39856

Hi all,

- I have pulled the nightly build for StellarMate and test the new version 1.3. It works!

- Indeed it seems that the temperature is read out once and then does not change. I didn’t look at this until now, because Ekos does not have the function to refocus if there is a change of temperature.

- I don’t have heating problems up to now. Maybe its because I have a lightweight DSLR. But thanks for the interesting tips concerning this matter!
4 years 10 months ago #39873

Great to hear.

I have just ordered a temp sensor for €1.81 with free postage from China! It will probably take a few weeks to get here. I have taken a look at the code and it looks OK, if someone knows how to run with debug on I would love to see the logs. Maybe I can see where its going wrong if I have the logs.
4 years 10 months ago #39875

Here is a logfile.It started with a temperature of 23.18. Then i put my hands around the sensor, so it should have heat up a little bit. But after about 5 minutes it is still at 23.18.
4 years 10 months ago #39876
Attachments:

Time to create page: 1.620 seconds