INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Focuscube has timeout errors

• Thank you received: 16
This evening I tested the cube in my observatory. Again, it wouldn't connect. The only difference since yesterday is the outside temperature: -5 ... -7 C. Is it possible that the unit stops working in the cold? The cube even refused to be connected to the standalone controller on windows.

Does anyone have experience with this product in cold (sub zero) weather?
5 years 4 months ago #32009

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
Try to disconnect the power supply cable from the dmfc and connect it again. I was doing some tests a few hours ago in my house and the dmfc would stop working even though i had the power connected, not even the focus knob of the unit would work, it is as if the unit went into power save mode.
HEQ5 Pro Rowan Belt Mod, GSO RC8'', SW ED80, Atik 383L+, Atik EFW2, Atik OAG, SX Lodestar, ZWO ASI 120MC
5 years 4 months ago #32013

I did this when I tested with another power supply. It made no difference. The issue seems related to temperature.
5 years 4 months ago #32017

• Thank you received: 1
I am having the same temperature related issues with my focuscube, when I test during the day while is warm it works great. As soon as it cools down at night it stops working. Did you ever find a fix for it?
5 years 3 weeks ago #35916

Yes. You need to contact Pegasus Astro about this. In my case it was a faulty serial/usb chip that was promptly replaced. After the fix the cube works like a charm, even at -15 C.
5 years 3 weeks ago #35918

Time to create page: 0.615 seconds