INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI focuser driver for Pololu Tic Stepper Motor Controller via USB interface

• Thank you received: 29
Hi everyone,

Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on a new INDI driver to handle my stepper motor via USB interface. Now the code seems to work in principle - i would say it is a beta-version at this stage.

This project has been inspired by Radek Kaczorek's "astroberry-diy" drivers, which means very practically that I was taking his astroberrry-rpifocuser code as starting point.

Please find the package on github for downloading and let me know if you need any helps. Also any suggestions are very welcome.

github.com/HelgeMK/TicFocuser

Best, Helge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Radek Kaczorek, Jeff Wilson, Franck Malterre
5 years 2 months ago #33076

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
Hi Helge,
Very good idea !! Do you think it may be possible to use rx/tx connectors on the Tic card to connect a Bluetooth extension ?
Regards
5 years 2 months ago #33094

Hi Franck,

Many thanks. To be honest, I never thought about using the BT interface, but I agree, it would make sense, and should be equally possible (I need to look into). What I am not sure about: I have connected by EQ6 via BT already to my mini PC. I simply do not know, whether I can run two devices in parallel via BT. Would you happen to know?

Best, Helge
5 years 2 months ago #33099

Well I guess so. I'm planning to connect the EQ6 and the Focuser using BT, but did not try yet. I'll keep you updated as soon as I'm able to test that.
5 years 2 months ago #33103

So, after a lot of try&error, the Bluetooth version seems to be working. Will need to do some finetuning and make it available on github. It is also working alongside the Eqmod driver, also connected to the mount via Bluetooth. Hope everything works also outside in the field, in case clouds will ever clear up!
5 years 2 months ago #33907

Please find here the link to github, which provides the repository for the Bluetooth version of this driver:

github.com/HelgeMK/TicFocuserBT
The following user(s) said Thank You: Franck Malterre
5 years 2 months ago #33950

Great job Helgemk, I'll give it a try.
5 years 2 months ago #33980

• Thank you received: 12
This looks like a cool project. I had been thinking about using a Tic T834 and pancake stepper motor to keep a low profile, although it would be more expensive. Right now I use an Arduino (nano) setup with can stepper.
5 years 2 months ago #34023

Please let me know how it works, will do my best to assist.

Best, Helge
5 years 2 months ago #34024

Hi Helge, It's been a long time :-) - I eventually found an opportunity to use a pololul tic and your code to run a focuser on a new setup. The Tic software is now installed on my Tinker Board, and I'm waiting for a Pololu tic t825. I'll keep you updated with my progress.
Clear Skies
Franck
The following user(s) said Thank You: dolguldur
4 years 4 months ago #45143

• Thank you received: 13
Cool! I am also about to give it a second chance after a few month of manual focusing.
4 years 4 months ago #45146

Hi,

So I made some progress. The tic and HC-05 are connected. HC-05 is well connected to the Tinker Board, but I can no manage to have RFCOMM TTY working. It seems not to be avaialble with my kernel. I created a new post on Armbian forum to get help, so stay tuned.
4 years 4 months ago #46241

Time to create page: 0.673 seconds