INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

INDI focuser driver for Pololu Tic Stepper Motor Controller via USB interface

• Thank you received: 3
Also I forgot to mention that it works perfectly using usb.
4 years 4 months ago #46242

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 27
Hello Helge,

see you have been busy. Had a look at your code, and it looks ok. Shortly after your first tic-driver I also started on an USB version. I have it running but nver published it because I coukd not find a good way to "remember" the position when device is powered down. (TIC resets to 0 when power is off , buf remembers when you reconnect without power has been off) It worked ok, and I use it on 1 system, but never really finished it. (Also have an unfinished ASCOM version, not ready for publication. That was more difficult because there was no SDK for windows)

Regards,

Paul
4 years 4 months ago #46252

• Thank you received: 3
Hi there !

So using usb is fine, but I'm not able to have the BT working on my Asus Tinker board running armbian. It seems that RFCOMM is not available. I tryed to build a new kernel with the proper options, but it seems building a new kernel is not so straightforward :-(
So I think It will stick to the usb version.
4 years 3 months ago #46370

• Thank you received: 29
Hi Franck, hi Paul,

thanks for the updates - it is a while ago since I was using the driver / focuser. I have to admit that I got frustrated with the mechanical part of the focuses and removed all parts that I do not really need from the scope... one day I will give it another try! :-)

Best, Helge
4 years 3 months ago #46439

• Thank you received: 13
I am about to get my hands back on my autofocus project with this pololu module. I was wondering if the driver had the following capabilities:
- homing command with the additional homing sensor
-Ability to keep track of the last position in step after a system shutdown.

Than you in advance for your help
4 years 3 months ago #46769

Time to create page: 1.431 seconds