INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

myFocuserPro or myFocuserPro2 and INDI

• Thank you received: 14
I have updated my focuser firmware to the latest 291, and set the Indi focuser driver to only work with 291 or greater.

I have made sure isMoving and Max position behave as expected.
I have implemented Reverse Motion, and removed option tab Reverse Direction (to use standard functions).

I am about to push these changes (this will also revert KNRO earlier change).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acapulco Rolf
4 years 5 months ago #44379
The topic has been locked.
So I have hit this problem, I have no idea what todo?!

alan@alan-kubuntu:~/indi$ git status
On branch master
Your branch and 'origin/master' have diverged,
and have 8 and 11 different commits each, respectively.
(use "git pull" to merge the remote branch into yours)
Changes to be committed:
(use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

modified: drivers/focuser/myfocuserpro2.cpp
modified: drivers/focuser/myfocuserpro2.h

alan@alan-kubuntu:~/indi$ git commit -m "Update myFocuserPro2 to work with firmware 291 or greater"
[master 3874b71] Update myFocuserPro2 to work with firmware 291 or greater
2 files changed, 22 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)
alan@alan-kubuntu:~/indi$ git pull
Auto-merging drivers/focuser/myfocuserpro2.cpp
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/focuser/myfocuserpro2.cpp
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
alan@alan-kubuntu:~/indi$

How do I resolve this?
4 years 5 months ago #44382
I also fixed other issues in a prior commit, so this is why it complains. Just edit the file and manually fix the conflicts. or if you can create a PR then I'll resolve the conflicts myself.
4 years 5 months ago #44386
As stated many times before, I have never worked in git as a developer, and I am by no means a linux guru, so your previous comment really doesn't help me get any closer to a solution. My biggest concern is that I will loose my changes, by not really understanding what is going on, I also understand you are a very busy man, and don't have time to answer these sort of requests. Unfortunately I too am busy, and can't commit the time to learning git at this moment in time. Maybe we need a developer git help forum? I guess my problem was I didn't do a "git fetch" before starting my edits at lunch time?

After a bit of googling, I think I am back to some sort of synchronisation. You said "if I can create a PR....", I believe I already had, with a commit from myself, then one from you and now another from me just now. I manually opened the problem file with "nano" (horrible text editor) and then checked line by line looking for merge messages (there must be a better way of doing this?)

Anyway, I have done a commit. and my end says it is up to date, so I assume somehow I have muddled through and pushed my changes?
4 years 5 months ago #44388
Pretty much all developers hate GIT when they start working with it, then slowly comes in terms with its power. So everything is sorted out, thanks. Can you double check the code, is everything there?
4 years 5 months ago #44430
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi everyone,

This is my first post.
I read carefully most of the threads on this forum since few months. In fact since I installed a RPi3b+, running Stellarmate as server for my astronomy equipment. I learn a lot and most of the time, I find answers to my questions. thanks to all for that.
I just received a "myFocuser Pro2" from Robert Brown in New Zeeland and I would like to test it, first via Kstars/Indi device manager and then, directly via ekos.
My problem is that I do not find the driver in the list of the focusers, even after having updated Indi... Probably I missed something :(

Thanks for your help,

Pierre-Yves
4 years 5 months ago #44431
Hello Pierre-Yves,

Welcome to INDI forum. The focuser is not yet available in the stable release. It should be within a couple of weeks with the next stable release of INDI.
4 years 5 months ago #44443
Ok Jasem, thanks for your feedback. I was misled by the indi web page regarding this focuser that suggests that the driver is available.
Pierre-Yves
4 years 5 months ago #44444
It is available in the INDI Nightly Builds.

The documentation says it is available INDI Library >= v1.8.2

Current stable INDI version is v1.8.1
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
4 years 5 months ago #44447
Sorry, I did'nt pay attention to the Indi release numbering.
Thanks Jasem.
4 years 5 months ago #44448
I've double checked the code and it looks like everything is as intended. Tested too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Acapulco Rolf
4 years 5 months ago #44521
  • Thank you received: 15
Thanks Alan

About to run some sanity test on the latest MyFP2 indi driver build (version 3) against the v2.91 focuser firmware

Before I run any tests, I took a quick look at the MyFP2 indi driver source code on git

You mentioned that:

" I will then make the base firmware check equal to or greater than 291."

It looks like the minimum firmware version check is as follows:

Is this as intended?
4 years 5 months ago #44533
Attachments:
Time to create page: 1.034 seconds